The Student Room Group

Study Maths, but want to go into Business?

I'm currently doing my A levels and I've always been thinking that I'll definitely do Mathematics at university as it's simply the best subject out there :biggrin:

But I know that in future I'd want to most likely want go into business, preferably run my own companies (or at least try).

I'd also really enjoy having a career such as an actuary or somewhere in finance as I love working with numbers and doing endless calculations (weird'o :biggrin:).

One of my A levels is business, but I feel as if anything that we do is just useless.. learning terminology, really basic calculations and concepts, don't feel as if even 10% of this I'd find useful when starting a business.

Reason why I enjoy Maths? Because it's a very logical and methodical which I really enjoy. Also the independence and not having to have to rely as much on peers, sharing ideas or discussing, you just do it.

So my question, as in the title, is it worth studying mathematics if I want to go down the Business route?
Also if I intend to study mathematics, should I drop business as I have more than 4 subjects anyways and don't see business being very beneficial?

Thanks for any answers :biggrin:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:

Quick Reply

Latest