Turn on thread page Beta

Constantly getting pulled over watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Latayah)
    I don't think the actually issue is being looked at here. How many of you guys have had over 25 stops.. for no apparent reason, been followed around for 20 minutes in the space of 12 months?

There are loads of young people driving expensive cars that have not had to go through such an ordeal.

Whoever made the comment about it being 5 mins, well to that i say. 1. usually it takes more than 5 mins as these officers are always trying to find something to pin on my bf. 2. 5 mis x 25 is a lot of unnecessary minutes wasted and 3. the duration of the search is irrelevant its the reason and principle behind it.

The question that I originally posed was whether in such circumstances, are you required or could you request a written reason for the search? B/ c all of these could make a case in itself.

Another thing that comes to mind, 2 weekends ago, my bf was outside rooting for something in his boot, 2 PC officers drove past, turn around in the road, and asked what he was doing, and who's car it was blah blah its so pathetic. WHAT, CAN SOMEONE NOT LOOK FOR SOMETHING IN THEIR BOOT!!!!
    lord. that's bad. maybe he's just an unlucky boy. was he in a dodgy area at the time?

i said 5 minutes because that's how long it was for me.

ReputationRep:
    Theyre only doing their job, you'd be moaning if his car got stolen and the police werent helping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_e_x)
    Theyre only doing their job, you'd be moaning if his car got stolen and the police werent helping.

this is what i think. a certain amount of stereotyping (based on evidence) makes society run smoother. it means the baddies get caught :cool:

it's a shame innocent people get inconvenienced, but i can't see another way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lib North)
    Nonsense. I've been driving a Jag since I was 18 (admittedly the parents') and the only time I ever got pulled over was at 2am in a small town .....
    Your location might also have a bearing on whether or not the police pull you over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steve2005)
    Your location might also have a bearing on whether or not the police pull you over.

exactly. you're more likely to be pulled over in certain areas of the big L.D.N (:cool: ) then a little village.

ReputationRep:
    My god the OP's got a bit of a temper......

It makes perfect sense for the police to do what they are doing, get over it.

You are evidently a credit to your boyfriend

ReputationRep:
    i swear theres a law that if you get stoped over 3 times for no reason you can sue the police or something...? i herd it on the radio
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You get the feeling the OP is a chav?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    i swear theres a law that if you get stoped over 3 times for no reason you can sue the police or something...? i herd it on the radio
    But if the police suspect the car is dodgy or the person they are quite within their right to pull the person over.

ReputationRep:
    What car does your boyfriend drive, and does he look like a child?

ReputationRep:
    "V to the P to the Icky to the Ollard"

thats my intelligent contribution, but really as I'm from cornwall, what do you expect? this stuff never happens down here

Is he always getting pulled over by the same officers, or do they all look the same to you when you're drunk on White Lightning and stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl1982)
    You get the feeling the OP is a chav?
    i sense chav tendencies. i expect her bf looks like one too, why else would he be pulled over?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by high priestess fnord)
    i sense chav tendencies. i expect her bf looks like one too, why else would he be pulled over?
    and what's the betting we will all get neg repped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scubar)
    "V to the P to the Icky to the Ollard"

thats my intelligent contribution, but really as I'm from cornwall, what do you expect? this stuff never happens down here

Is he always getting pulled over by the same officers, or do they all look the same to you when you're drunk on White Lightning and stuff

i love cornwall. lots of memories. it's where i should live....but alas i am a townie.

edited to add- wowza. thanks to the sexaaay mo'fo who gave me some rep for one of my posts, (you know who you are...and i have no modesty.)

ReputationRep:
    her grammar's too good for her to be a chav.

ReputationRep:
    or perhaps she stole a copy of "English for dummies"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scubar)
    or perhaps she stole a copy of "English for dummies"

lol. she will definately neg rep one of you now. msg will read: 'shut it you ****ing ****ing slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag. i am classy.'

ReputationRep:
    "classy bird" etc, with everything pointing to the contrary

I know the type, they're trying to take over down here, I have to leave before it happens

ReputationRep:
    Haha, OP, what a fool. Drive a car worth more than your nans sofa and you get pulled over, get used to it.

As others have so well pointed out, the most common car criminals are young males...so it makes sense to pull over young males, not a 97 year old nun in a metro... pretty simply really.

ReputationRep:
    perhaps she's trolling for sympathy, she's not going to find it here, better to go back down the offy with her cheap cider and her "crew"

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.