Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Saw him looking at my legs? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    ...if you say so.

Where do you work, the early 90s?
    I live in the here and now - how about you, 1984?

Be specific about what in his behaviour conflicts with the legal definition I have pasted above or else don't cast such serious aspersions until you properly understand the law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    I live in the here and now - how about you, 1984?

Be specific about what in his behaviour conflicts with the legal definition I have pasted above or else keep your trap shut on matters you clearly do not understand and don't cast such serious aspersions until you do.
    'That you have pasted above'? You mean, the ones you've copied and pasted from my link?

You don't think staring at her chest every time they talk, winking at her every time she walks past and watching her walk down the corridor might have the effect of creating a humiliating/intimidating/uncomfortable working environment for her?

You're not going to win an argument just by talking down to me - what a fool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    'That you have pasted above'? You mean, the ones you've copied and pasted from my link? You don't think staring at her chest every time they talk, winking at her every time she walks past and watching her walk down the corridor might have the effect of creating a humiliating/intimidating/uncomfortable working environment for her?
    No. You are presuming a great deal without having any knowledge of the tone of the situations. I seriously doubt he spends entire conversations with his eyes glued to her chest; much more likely is that he's a man made of flesh and blood and can't help occasionally looking at her breasts. This is not sexual harassment. Neither is winking, and neither necessarily is looking at someone often.

These things 'might' create such an environment; they also 'might' not and it is much more likely the latter. You are jumping to lots of conclusions with all the typical zeal and you are wrong to do so.

It should also be made clear that 'intimidating' and 'humiliating' are included in the definition but 'uncomfortable' is not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    No. You are presuming a great deal without having any knowledge of the tone of the situations. I seriously doubt he spends entire conversations with his eyes glued to her chest; much more likely is that he's a man made of flesh and blood and can't help occasionally looking at her breasts. This is not sexual harassment. Neither is winking, and neither necessarily is looking at someone often.

These things 'might' create such an environment; they also 'might' not and it is much more likely the latter. You are jumping to lots of conclusions with all the typical zeal and you are wrong to do so.

It should also be made clear that 'intimidating' and 'humiliating' are included in the definition but 'uncomfortable' is not.
    Have a 'degrading' then. I couldn't be bothered going back a page in the middle of writing a post to find all of the exact adjectives. It should perhaps be made clear that a 'humiliating', 'degrading' and 'intimidating' environment will also be 'uncomfortable' by definition. Feel free to argue that it would not be, you seem to be in the mood to do such a thing.

You seem to be ignoring the weight placed on the victim's perception in the guidelines. It doesn't matter whether the man is doing it simply because he's 'made of flesh and blood'. The poster described it as constant, and seemingly not happening to her colleagues. I'm not sure how one inadvertently keeps winking at someone simply because one is 'a man made of flesh and blood', mind you. I can't have met many 'real' men - or perhaps I'm unknowingly blinking in sync with all their winks.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2015
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.