Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

I really need a job but cant find any :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    so i am looking for a job, I am 17 years old i want a part time job as i am doing my a levels.
    can anyone help with where i can find part time jobs?
    Thank you so much:badger:

ReputationRep:
    Write a CV

ReputationRep:
    Are you going through a recruitment agency? They will find you something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Write a CV
    I already have a CV, its not very good though because I haven't completed any work experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    Are you going through a recruitment agency? They will find you something.
    No I haven't, do you know any good agencies please?
    Thnaks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chahara)
    I already have a CV, its not very good though because I haven't completed any work experience.
    Skills? Interests? Current qualifications?

ReputationRep:
    Skills? Interests? Current qualifications?
    Done all that
    people just want work experience
    which I haven't got.

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't, do you know any good agencies please?
    Thnaks
    Google for them in your area.

ReputationRep:
    Done all that
    people just want work experience
    which I haven't got.
    Then find work experience. Employers aren't ready to part their money with someone who's never been employed before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    Google for them in your area.
    Alright then, Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Then find work experience. Employers aren't ready to part their money with someone who's never been employed before.
    Alright then, thats what i need, but i dont know where to actually find any
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Employers aren't ready to part their money with someone who's never been employed before.
    You must see how impossible that is

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your location, how far you're willing to travel, what jobs you're willing to do etc.

I got my first job at 16 (all of five months ago), with no work experience and no CV (filled in an application form). However, it comes at the cost that I now have to get up at 5;45am every Saturday morning for £4.35 an hour, but that's how willing I was for work.

Many of the people I know got jobs at 16/17 in supermarkets without previous work experience, but some of them had to apply 3/4 times. Just keep trying.

ReputationRep:
    do some volunteering or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loperdoper)
    Depends on your location, how far you're willing to travel, what jobs you're willing to do etc.

I got my first job at 16 (all of five months ago), with no work experience and no CV (filled in an application form). However, it comes at the cost that I now have to get up at 5;45am every Saturday morning for £4.35 an hour, but that's how willing I was for work.

Many of the people I know got jobs at 16/17 in supermarkets without previous work experience, but some of them had to apply 3/4 times. Just keep trying.
    Oh okay, thank you for all that information really helped .
    I normaly just apply for 2 and then just give up because i never get any responses Lol.
    But now i will keep applying untill someone actually contacts me telling me i got the job or even an interview.
    Lol.
    what kind of job was it to just fill in an application form?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stirkee)
    do some volunteering or something
    I was thinking of that, but with starting these a levels everything is so stressful i dont really have time to be volunteering in a charity shop and wasting hours of time.
    However i wouldnt mind a weekend job or even just a saturday job if it ment making money as i really need to save up for uni and just need the money.
    Thanks though i will see how it goes

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of that, but with starting these a levels everything is so stressful i dont really have time to be volunteering in a charity shop and wasting hours of time.
    However i wouldnt mind a weekend job or even just a saturday job if it ment making money as i really need to save up for uni and just need the money.
    Thanks though i will see how it goes
    but if you say you're not getting a job because you've got no experience then perhaps volunteering is the way forward

perhaps you're being picky? are you literally applying everywhere or just a select few places where you really want to work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stirkee)
    but if you say you're not getting a job because you've got no experience then perhaps volunteering is the way forward

perhaps you're being picky? are you literally applying everywhere or just a select few places where you really want to work?
    I am applying for jobs that are actually suitable for my needs and my qualifications, which i cant find many for xD.
    maybe i am just picky then lol.

ReputationRep:
    It took me the longest time to find a part time job while I was at school. I really sympathise. Here are some suggestions...

- local catering/service company. These hire lots of people, many college/university students
    - ask around family friends or friends of friends, post on facebook if need be. I got my first job by replying to a facebook post my friend made about a family friend looking for people to work for them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabulasmic)
    It took me the longest time to find a part time job while I was at school. I really sympathise. Here are some suggestions...

- local catering/service company. These hire lots of people, many college/university students
    - ask around family friends or friends of friends, post on facebook if need be. I got my first job by replying to a facebook post my friend made about a family friend looking for people to work for them
    Thank you so much for that!
    I think i will start asking family ad friends it sounds like a good idea!
    Thanks

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.