Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

[Girls] The Perfect Height For Guys? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Listen am a guy 5 ft 3 am not that tall but my third leg is for most women. I don't think apparent height is really a problem I do get girls acting all surprised when in bed say stuff like '' i didn't know u were that big/tall'' my advice would be get a bigger ****, and u'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    5'6-5'11 would be best, but it's not set in stone and I can honestly say I don't meet a guy and think his height is not right, unless he's really tall and it's logistically a nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5"5 but I generally like tall guys 6"+ lol
    To each, his own

For me, it's not a necessity for guys to be tall; I won't turn down a guy just based on height alone, cos I feel like that's stupid.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer guys to be taller than me for vanity purposes when I wear heels but my ex was around the same height as me. I liked him for him that's why I dated him, not because of his height. Then again, I'm not really into short-term relationship type things or one-night-stands and maybe things would be different if it was just a vanity thing. At any rate, I'm 5'7 so most guys are at least the same height as me, most seem to be taller.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnharM)
    See you notice them because you probably go looking out for them. I'll say the majority of black guys I follow, like black girls and will end up marrying them. You don't look at the regular couples in the average day-to-day life. Black couples are everywhere, especially in London.

People made these pages, but from what I've seen, and I follow quite a few Asian people as well, they don't keep retweeting and hashtagging "#SouthAsiansAreBeautiful" etc. We don't try to beg it and make society change their perception towards us. If they find us unattractive, so be it.

People bashing South Asian guys is not a gender issue at all. I honestly don't understand white and black girls, I see some very attractive girls go for an unattractive black guy (let's assume he's dark skin, because the average dark skin black guy is unattractive in my eyes), but to them, they're attractive. I get that, people have their own preferences. But then I wonder, why on earth would they find South Asian guys unattractive? If it was about skin colour, that would be weird, because we have dark skin, brown skin and light skin, just like black people. A lot of the guys I know are fair as well. Maybe it's because of our hair? Maybe girls like black guys hair a lot more? That's understandable, it's not always easy to manage my hair, and I do like the curly hair that black guys and mixed race guys have. Maybe they won't date us because of the differences in our cultures? This could be it, but they should still find us attractive, excluding our differences in cultures.

Black guys probably feel the same way towards South Asian girls too. I know a few black guys who find South Asian girls very attractive, but they feel they don't have a chance because South Asians find them unattractive, or because South Asian parents are racist, or because of the differences in cultures. But at least they practically have everyone else willing to date them.
    Yeah you're right about most black people marrying black. I know what you mean about the pages, I do think it should stop now that you mention it... it makes us seem insecure. The thing is, I'm not insecure about my dark skin.

Anyway, I think that South Asian guys are attractive. I'm not going to lie, most black and white guys do not find them attractive. Black girls prefer black and white girls like white and if they date out then it's a black/mixed guy. I think culture is also important, most south Asian guys do not like black girls or would marry their own to make their parents happy... well if I'm going to stereotype. Also, family is important, would yours accept a black girl?

You might think the average dark skin guy is unattractive, but I don't tbh. Also, girls go for personality more than guys. I think loads of girls also assume black guys are cool... especially white girls. South Asian guys aren't seen as cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WilJones138)
    This thread probably already exists but out of curiosity how tall would the perfect guy be in your mind? :awesome: I hear a lot of women mentioning that height is a very important factor when picking guys they like but is this truly the case? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Height isn't important to me. What's important is whether I connect with that person.
    Although, I do feel like holding someone who is a similar height and build to me would be quite special. But I obviously wouldn't leave them if they wasn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    You could be 6'2, blue eyes, dark hair and still be clapped. Only the person in question determines what they find 'perfect' and it'll be different for everyone else.

Personally, I like guys that are either the same height as me or taller. Not shorter.
    what if you're a wasteman?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Charlotte15)
    Will I envy your gcse exam results

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Genrally,if u r hot u r hot!!!!some girls don't care,but some like boys that r around 4-6 inches taller-they like the idea of a masculine presence.i am boy and am a okay height 5'10.generally,people that start threads like this are insecure about their height!!am I correct?there is also the 'nose rule'.but I believe it is complete bs.

ReputationRep:
    See you notice them because you probably go looking out for them. I'll say the majority of black guys I follow, like black girls and will end up marrying them. You don't look at the regular couples in the average day-to-day life. Black couples are everywhere, especially in London.

People made these pages, but from what I've seen, and I follow quite a few Asian people as well, they don't keep retweeting and hashtagging "#SouthAsiansAreBeautiful" etc. We don't try to beg it and make society change their perception towards us. If they find us unattractive, so be it.

People bashing South Asian guys is not a gender issue at all. I honestly don't understand white and black girls, I see some very attractive girls go for an unattractive black guy (let's assume he's dark skin, because the average dark skin black guy is unattractive in my eyes), but to them, they're attractive. I get that, people have their own preferences. But then I wonder, why on earth would they find South Asian guys unattractive? If it was about skin colour, that would be weird, because we have dark skin, brown skin and light skin, just like black people. A lot of the guys I know are fair as well. Maybe it's because of our hair? Maybe girls like black guys hair a lot more? That's understandable, it's not always easy to manage my hair, and I do like the curly hair that black guys and mixed race guys have. Maybe they won't date us because of the differences in our cultures? This could be it, but they should still find us attractive, excluding our differences in cultures.

Black guys probably feel the same way towards South Asian girls too. I know a few black guys who find South Asian girls very attractive, but they feel they don't have a chance because South Asians find them unattractive, or because South Asian parents are racist, or because of the differences in cultures. But at least they practically have everyone else willing to date them.
    I can't believe you seriously wrote all this out man!!!must be really eager to know answer!!😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoflower)
    Yeah you're right about most black people marrying black. I know what you mean about the pages, I do think it should stop now that you mention it... it makes us seem insecure. The thing is, I'm not insecure about my dark skin.

Anyway, I think that South Asian guys are attractive. I'm not going to lie, most black and white guys do not find them attractive. Black girls prefer black and white girls like white and if they date out then it's a black/mixed guy. I think culture is also important, most south Asian guys do not like black girls or would marry their own to make their parents happy... well if I'm going to stereotype. Also, family is important, would yours accept a black girl?

You might think the average dark skin guy is unattractive, but I don't tbh. Also, girls go for personality more than guys. I think loads of girls also assume black guys are cool... especially white girls. South Asian guys aren't seen as cool.
    Here is a nice wee random fact:the lowest pairing is between blacks and chinese

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gadlad)
    Here is a nice wee random fact:the lowest pairing is between blacks and chinese
    Better if there over 5'10 in my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Charlotte15)
    Better if there over 5'10 in my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile
    . Just to **** me off right!!!!!!jk!!!!where a outs r u from?

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe you seriously wrote all this out man!!!must be really eager to know answer!!😂
    I really don't care how long the paragraph is, it is a forum website and it is the place where you ask questions

ReputationRep:
    . Just to **** me off right!!!!!!jk!!!!where a outs r u from?
    What?😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoflower)

The last part is interesting. "South Asian guys aren't seen as cool" and "black guys are cool" looooool wow Black guys and South Asian guys are a lot more alike than people think. We basically share the same banter anyways

Tbh, I wouldn't marry a black girl because of cultural differences and my mum wouldnt like it, but I wouldn't mind having a fling with one before I settle down. Same goes with white girls, I don't think my mum will accept, she's too traditional with her ways.

I have seen these 2 black girls talk about Asian guys, saying good things about them, but that was so rare. I was actually shocked lmao

ReputationRep:
    I'm 6'2''. Pretty sure that's good or perfect in most girls' eyes

ReputationRep:
    Around 6'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The last part is interesting. "South Asian guys aren't seen as cool" and "black guys are cool" looooool wow ���������� � Black guys and South Asian guys are a lot more alike than people think. We basically share the same banter anyways

Tbh, I wouldn't marry a black girl because of cultural differences and my mum wouldnt like it, but I wouldn't mind having a fling with one before I settle down. Same goes with white girls, I don't think my mum will accept, she's too traditional with her ways.

I have seen these 2 black girls talk about Asian guys, saying good things about them, but that was so rare. I was actually shocked lmao

Tbh, this is one of the main reasons they don't go for South Asian guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kandy_Kain_94)
    Tbh, this is one of the main reasons they don't go for South Asian guys.
    No, no I wasn't talking about relationships. Just attractiveness in general. Let's not beat around the bush and act like white and black girls don't have one night stands or flings, they just tend to not have it with South Asian guys for some reason (as far as I know, some Asian guys manage to do it). Even then, there are Asian guys out there who have parents that'll accept black/white girls...it's just that my mum is very old and traditional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graecian)
    I don't really hate myself but it's not very pleasant to read the comments in here.

I'm 5'8''.

I'm saying that because it's quite clear most girls have a strong preference for guys far taller than me. That's what's wrong. And although what you say might be true ("if you're a good person from heart" etc), I wouldn't like to think I am with someone who lowered her standards for me.
    On a serious note, your height is okay. I know some girls who don't mind that height. And tbh personality is much more important. You must understand that girls are emotional and we do consider other aspects, e.g. does the guy really loves us? Respects us? Care for us? etc. And if answer to these questions is yes, then I believe there will be a lot of girls who wouldn't care about the height. Plus, 5'8 isn't too bad. Plus, regarding the standard part, seriously after you get to know the person and you two click in terms of your personalities, its means nothing. Don't feel bad at all!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2017
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.