Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

[Girls] The Perfect Height For Guys? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnharM)
    Height doesn't matter if you have an attractive face btw...
    Depends on different people. I know for some weird reason, an attractive face doesn't mean much to me if the guy is not tall. Although, personality certainly does.

ReputationRep:
    In general, you'll find their preference is for a guy at least a few inches taller than them :beard:

Spoiler:
    Show
    5'8 - 6'2 is probably the ideal range, shorter isn't very 'manly' in the eyes of many girls and taller they become ungainly/oafish

ReputationRep:
    I'm nearly 5'3, so preferably at least half an inch taller than me would be good although about 5'7-5'9 is my ideal (makes for easier hugs and stuff :hugs: ), however that is not so say that I wouldn't go for a guy shorter/taller than those values. Height is just an added extra, Personality and Likes/Dislikes/Interests etc. are more important

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xvFIRESTORMvx)
    I'm nearly 5'3, so preferably at least half an inch taller than me would be good although about 5'7-5'9 is my ideal (makes for easier hugs and stuff :hugs: ), however that is not so say that I wouldn't go for a guy shorter/taller than those values. Height is just an added extra, Personality and Likes/Dislikes/Interests etc. are more important

as long as the girl doesn't have to strain her tippy toes i guess its fine :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hman1994)
    as long as the girl doesn't have to strain her tippy toes i guess its fine :L
    I didn't say I wouldn't go for a taller guy, I merely stated my preferred height and if anything, gave a mutual benefit of being a similar height - If I have to stand on my tip-toes to give you a hug, you probably have to bend over to give me a hug too. The guy would probably end up straining his back more than I ever could my toes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xvFIRESTORMvx)
    I didn't say I wouldn't go for a taller guy, I merely stated my preferred height and if anything, gave a mutual benefit of being a similar height - If I have to stand on my tip-toes to give you a hug, you probably have to bend over to give me a hug too. The guy would probably end up straining his back more than I ever could my toes
    that strained back can be a bit of an issue :L thankfully since im only 5"7 that never happens to me

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I definitely would not cross a guy off because of his height, however my personal preference is around 6ft to 6'2. I'm only 5'1 but I must admit that I feel more secure and protected with a guy over 5'11 or so...I do wish I was a bit taller though! D: x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawberryPips57)
    To be honest, I definitely would not cross a guy off because of his height, however my personal preference is around 6ft to 6'2. I'm only 5'1 but I must admit that I feel more secure and protected with a guy over 5'11 or so...I do wish I was a bit taller though! D: x

any girl i know whose under 5"5 never says they're small, they just say fun sized

ReputationRep:
    any girl i know whose under 5"5 never says they're small, they just say fun sized
    Haha, I guess. I suppose I'm 'fun sized' then :P x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawberryPips57)
    Haha, I guess. I suppose I'm 'fun sized' then :P x
    or vertically challenged :L
    • Welcome Squad

6ft5 - 6ft7
    but im not that fussed :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Well, judging by the comments here, I'm screwed. I'm just over 5ft8...

I hope it's not such an issue, because I can't exactly change my height.

ReputationRep:
    that strained back can be a bit of an issue :L thankfully since im only 5"7 that never happens to me
    I'm a 5"4 girl and guys always complain to me about a strained back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simba_n)
    I'm a 5"4 girl and guys always complain to me about a strained back

Posted from TSR Mobile

first world problems :L

ReputationRep:
    first world problems :L
    Exactlyyy haha what am I supposed to do?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simba_n)
    Exactlyyy haha what am I supposed to do?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wear like 3 pairs of socks, thats supposed to make you taller :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    Well isn't that perfect
    How tall are you?

ReputationRep:
    AS long as they are taller than me in heels, i don't care!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iama)
    How tall are you?
    6ft

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    6ft
    Ooooh, consider me impressed not bad, not bad at all

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2017
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.