Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnharM)
    Height doesn't matter if you have an attractive face btw...
    Depends on different people. I know for some weird reason, an attractive face doesn't mean much to me if the guy is not tall. Although, personality certainly does.

ReputationRep:
    In general, you'll find their preference is for a guy at least a few inches taller than them :beard:

Spoiler:
    Show
    5'8 - 6'2 is probably the ideal range, shorter isn't very 'manly' in the eyes of many girls and taller they become ungainly/oafish

ReputationRep:
    I'm nearly 5'3, so preferably at least half an inch taller than me would be good although about 5'7-5'9 is my ideal (makes for easier hugs and stuff :hugs: ), however that is not so say that I wouldn't go for a guy shorter/taller than those values. Height is just an added extra, Personality and Likes/Dislikes/Interests etc. are more important

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xvFIRESTORMvx)
    I'm nearly 5'3, so preferably at least half an inch taller than me would be good although about 5'7-5'9 is my ideal (makes for easier hugs and stuff :hugs: ), however that is not so say that I wouldn't go for a guy shorter/taller than those values. Height is just an added extra, Personality and Likes/Dislikes/Interests etc. are more important

as long as the girl doesn't have to strain her tippy toes i guess its fine :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hman1994)
    as long as the girl doesn't have to strain her tippy toes i guess its fine :L
    I didn't say I wouldn't go for a taller guy, I merely stated my preferred height and if anything, gave a mutual benefit of being a similar height - If I have to stand on my tip-toes to give you a hug, you probably have to bend over to give me a hug too. The guy would probably end up straining his back more than I ever could my toes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xvFIRESTORMvx)
    I didn't say I wouldn't go for a taller guy, I merely stated my preferred height and if anything, gave a mutual benefit of being a similar height - If I have to stand on my tip-toes to give you a hug, you probably have to bend over to give me a hug too. The guy would probably end up straining his back more than I ever could my toes
    that strained back can be a bit of an issue :L thankfully since im only 5"7 that never happens to me

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I definitely would not cross a guy off because of his height, however my personal preference is around 6ft to 6'2. I'm only 5'1 but I must admit that I feel more secure and protected with a guy over 5'11 or so...I do wish I was a bit taller though! D: x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawberryPips57)
    To be honest, I definitely would not cross a guy off because of his height, however my personal preference is around 6ft to 6'2. I'm only 5'1 but I must admit that I feel more secure and protected with a guy over 5'11 or so...I do wish I was a bit taller though! D: x

any girl i know whose under 5"5 never says they're small, they just say fun sized

ReputationRep:
    any girl i know whose under 5"5 never says they're small, they just say fun sized
    Haha, I guess. I suppose I'm 'fun sized' then :P x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawberryPips57)
    Haha, I guess. I suppose I'm 'fun sized' then :P x
    or vertically challenged :L
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    6ft5 - 6ft7
    but im not that fussed :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Well, judging by the comments here, I'm screwed. I'm just over 5ft8...

I hope it's not such an issue, because I can't exactly change my height.

ReputationRep:
    that strained back can be a bit of an issue :L thankfully since im only 5"7 that never happens to me
    I'm a 5"4 girl and guys always complain to me about a strained back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simba_n)
    I'm a 5"4 girl and guys always complain to me about a strained back

Posted from TSR Mobile

first world problems :L

ReputationRep:
    first world problems :L
    Exactlyyy haha what am I supposed to do?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simba_n)
    Exactlyyy haha what am I supposed to do?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wear like 3 pairs of socks, thats supposed to make you taller :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    Well isn't that perfect
    How tall are you?

ReputationRep:
    AS long as they are taller than me in heels, i don't care!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iama)
    How tall are you?
    6ft

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    6ft
    Ooooh, consider me impressed not bad, not bad at all

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.