Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

I really want to be a doctor but I am not getting the grades Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello I have a passion for Biology especially the digestive system i could speak about the digestive system all day I want to be a gastroenterologist or Pediatrician however I am scared I will not get the grade I study hard but i have no head for mathematics or physics I will need to do a level biology,chemistry and physics I want to do them to get my dream job but I don't want to fail and I am scared I want to prove myself and do what i want to do i am always mocked for my interest in digestive system and other medical things which disgust people.

Give me advice please how to reach my goal please thank you. I am not doing as good as I want to I wish i had top grades in class i am doing at about average but I want to be above average as I work so hard

ReputationRep:
    You can do it if you study and keep your head down. I have a friend who has her heart set on being a doctor - a surgeon, and has since she was in primary school. She knows that she isn't academically gifted like most medical students seem to be - but she's worked hard to get good GCSEs and AS levels.

Studying throughout the year seems to be her trick. Don't just study close to the exams - if you study throughout the year, it'll be easier when the exam finally gets here.

ReputationRep:
    At least you're passionate. Passion is something that a lot of clever students lack; grades and such are useless in a subject that they don't care about. Just study harder than the people around you, and you'll see the fruits of your labour on results day. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to study physics to do medicine. I think most people apply with biology, chemistry and maths. You can only do your best and if you work you hardest you cannot do anymore. But medicine is extremely competitive and normally AAA is needed at a level on top of voluntary work and all sorts of extra things to show passion and dedication to the subject. But see what happens, I don't want to dishearten you but it's important to know what it takes. Wishing you the best of luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.