The Student Room Group

AS maths Which books for 100% UMS?

I am currently studying Mathematics at AS level.

I was wondering what books i should go through I have the normal Core Mathematics 1 book from edexcel but are there any other books i should go through or is this enough.

Anyone who got near to 100% what did you do?

I have this other book AS mathematics Collins should i go through this..
Reply 1
Original post by Acrux

I was wondering what books i should go through I have the normal Core Mathematics 1 book from edexcel but are there any other books i should go through or is this enough.

Anyone who got near to 100% what did you do?

I have this other book AS mathematics Collins should i go through this..

loads of past papers and practice papers too
I highly recommend the CGP (C1,C2,S1,M1,D1) revision guide:
http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/cgp+books/cgp+books/as-level+maths+edexcel+complete+revision+26+practice/8168885/

I also recommend doing all of the exam papers, and visiting examsolutions.net

Good Luck! :smile:
Original post by Acrux

Get good at it and do C2... then surely your skill level will be better and you'll hopefully realise this is a silly question.
For example I have learnt C1,2 and have a good skill/knowledge/understanding level so will not really need to revise C1 to get full UMS...
Remember to do past papers and understand everything.
Remember to check for silly errors/ mistakes (in the past papers and real thing)
Some people get caught out in coordinate geometry when the question gives a right angle and asks for a line length or area for example. Remember perpendicular---> pythag or 0.5b*h for these Q's
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest