Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Taylor Swift: Nice or Fake Watch

ReputationRep:
    I know it shouldn't be but I cant shake my dislike for this girl. I know she does nice things. Comes off as a saint. But behind all that all I see is a fake human being

ReputationRep:
    Yes totally agree she's a fake stupid girl cannot stand her and her **** songs

ReputationRep:
    who cares?
    its not like youre important in her life

ReputationRep:
    I think she is quite a nice person, but her publicist or whatever probably makes her play it up a bit, which does make it seem kinda fake.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely a fake, just like Lana Del Rey. Incredible PR team and management though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like Taylor Swift a lot more than other artists like Ariana Grande but she's kind of off-putting for some reason. She gives me crazy vibes, can't really explain. It's annoying hearing her complain about her relationships constantly though.

ReputationRep:
    PHIT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protégé)
    I like Taylor Swift a lot more than other artists like Ariana Grande but she's kind of off-putting for some reason. She gives me crazy vibes, can't really explain. It's annoying hearing her complain about her relationships constantly though.
    EXACTLY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Definitely a fake, just like Lana Del Rey. Incredible PR team and management though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lana Del Rey?! How is she fake? Please explain.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, i'm a massive fan of both Taylor and Lana del rey.. With Taylor I think she is genuine, or she would not have soo many celeb friends. She honestly just seems like a fun quirky girl and I never used to be a massive Taylor fan till I realised she is actually really cool. But that is just me, if others don't like her then their choice, but I personally love her for who she is

ReputationRep:
    Why do people care about the personalities of singers? Surely all that matters is the music?

ReputationRep:
    Don't know her personally, but the way she portrays herself in her music is getting tediously predictable. Very stereotypical and samey, which gives a rather bland view of the world

ReputationRep:
    Fake.

ReputationRep:
    Love to hate rings a bell...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Why do people care about the personalities of singers? Surely all that matters is the music?
    I guess that it's difficult to ignore reading things sometimes, so if you read that Taylor Swift assaulted someone or something yet she was still being presented as someone whose really innocent I can see why people would dislike her and be less inclined to listen to her music.

I really like Taylor Swift though. She's beautiful and her music is annoyingly catchy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clh_hilary)
    Fake.
    Exactly. I just cant put my finger on it but the girl seriously puts me off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekemini)
    Exactly. I just cant put my finger on it but the girl seriously puts me off.
    I can. She's better looking and more successful than you, and you think that calling her "fake" gives you some quantum of superiority over her.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, her sugary-sweetness is far too consistent to consider her genuine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    I guess that it's difficult to ignore reading things sometimes, so if you read that Taylor Swift assaulted someone or something yet she was still being presented as someone whose really innocent I can see why people would dislike her and be less inclined to listen to her music.

I really like Taylor Swift though. She's beautiful and her music is annoyingly catchy.
    why does it have to be annoyingly catchy? just accept that you love it.

(Original post by Clip)
    I can. She's better looking and more successful than you, and you think that calling her "fake" gives you some quantum of superiority over her.
    nails it as per

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    I bought 1989, I can call her what I want. #CustomerIsKing

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.