The Student Room Group

Taylor Swift: Nice or Fake

I know it shouldn't be but I cant shake my dislike for this girl. I know she does nice things. Comes off as a saint. But behind all that all I see is a fake human being

Scroll to see replies

Yes totally agree she's a fake stupid girl cannot stand her and her **** songs
Reply 2
who cares?
its not like youre important in her life
I think she is quite a nice person, but her publicist or whatever probably makes her play it up a bit, which does make it seem kinda fake.
Definitely a fake, just like Lana Del Rey. Incredible PR team and management though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like Taylor Swift a lot more than other artists like Ariana Grande but she's kind of off-putting for some reason. She gives me crazy vibes, can't really explain. It's annoying hearing her complain about her relationships constantly though.
PHIT
Reply 7
Original post by Protégé
I like Taylor Swift a lot more than other artists like Ariana Grande but she's kind of off-putting for some reason. She gives me crazy vibes, can't really explain. It's annoying hearing her complain about her relationships constantly though.

EXACTLY
Original post by somemightsay888
Definitely a fake, just like Lana Del Rey. Incredible PR team and management though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lana Del Rey?! How is she fake? Please explain.
Reply 9
In my opinion, i'm a massive fan of both Taylor and Lana del rey.. With Taylor I think she is genuine, or she would not have soo many celeb friends. She honestly just seems like a fun quirky girl and I never used to be a massive Taylor fan till I realised she is actually really cool. But that is just me, if others don't like her then their choice, but I personally love her for who she is
Why do people care about the personalities of singers? Surely all that matters is the music?
Don't know her personally, but the way she portrays herself in her music is getting tediously predictable. Very stereotypical and samey, which gives a rather bland view of the world
Fake.
Reply 13
Love to hate rings a bell...
Original post by tengentoppa
Why do people care about the personalities of singers? Surely all that matters is the music?

I guess that it's difficult to ignore reading things sometimes, so if you read that Taylor Swift assaulted someone or something yet she was still being presented as someone whose really innocent I can see why people would dislike her and be less inclined to listen to her music.

I really like Taylor Swift though. She's beautiful and her music is annoyingly catchy.
Reply 15
Original post by clh_hilary
Fake.

Exactly. I just cant put my finger on it but the girl seriously puts me off.
Reply 16
Original post by Ekemini
Exactly. I just cant put my finger on it but the girl seriously puts me off.

I can. She's better looking and more successful than you, and you think that calling her "fake" gives you some quantum of superiority over her.
Reply 17
I agree, her sugary-sweetness is far too consistent to consider her genuine.
Original post by Precious Illusions
I guess that it's difficult to ignore reading things sometimes, so if you read that Taylor Swift assaulted someone or something yet she was still being presented as someone whose really innocent I can see why people would dislike her and be less inclined to listen to her music.

I really like Taylor Swift though. She's beautiful and her music is annoyingly catchy.

why does it have to be annoyingly catchy? just accept that you love it.

Original post by Clip
I can. She's better looking and more successful than you, and you think that calling her "fake" gives you some quantum of superiority over her.

nails it as per
Original post by Clip

I bought 1989, I can call her what I want. #CustomerIsKing

(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest