Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Taylor Swift: Nice or Fake Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    What does "fake" even mean? It's just something that people have been saying for decades when they don't know what else to say.<br>
    <br>
    Just like all these people on TSR moaning about "fake" people at university or college. That's real life. It's as real as it gets. There's no such thing. If anything's fake - it's TSR.
    <br>
    If TSR is fake then so are you. Did you even read what you posted. You a bloody part of the TSR community! So there is no such thing as fake people? Wow. Then you must still be a small little boy that is shielded from the real world. Life is full of fake people. Thats a fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthless Dutchman)
    I used to say 'stupidly/annoyingly catchy' too once. Embrace it.
    Haha. I know. Its unfortunate.

ReputationRep:
    Haha. I know. Its unfortunate.

ReputationRep:
    Very nice

ReputationRep:
    Fake but I can't help but like her music.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Especially 'Shake It Off'.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Such a tune.

Spoiler:
    Show
    And so, so catchy.......

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Nice or fake? More like boring run of the mill pop singer.

I really can't stand though how she goes on about all the guys she's dated and publicly shames them. It's no unnecessary, like surely she could sing/talk about something more important.

My friend told me that she went to a concert where she displayed all the guys she's dated - not sure whether that's true but if so it is pathetic.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    She scares me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekemini)
    That is the annoying part: her songs are stupidly catchy. I actually like them
    That's the Max Martin ('We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together', 'I Knew You Were Trouble.', '22', and 12 songs on 1989) magic.

He also created Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, P!nk, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne, Adam Lambert, Ariana Grande, Taio Cruz, Ke$ha; and pushed countless others including Céline Dion's, Carrie Underwood's, Christina Aguilera's, Leona Lewis's, Usher's, Glee Cast's, Nicki Minaj's, Jessie J's, and very soon Ellie Goulding's.

He's literally the higher god whilst Al-Taylor Swift is The Lord.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corax)
    Nice or fake? More like boring run of the mill pop singer.

I really can't stand though how she goes on about all the guys she's dated and publicly shames them. It's no unnecessary, like surely she could sing/talk about something more important.

My friend told me that she went to a concert where she displayed all the guys she's dated - not sure whether that's true but if so it is pathetic.
    She also sang about people who criticised her celestial vocals in country number one platinum single 'Mean', Grammy's Best Country Song and Best Female Country Vocal Performance.

ReputationRep:
    If you actually look at some of the interviews of her on Youtube. She is a really humble & down-to-earth gal.

All u haters, stop judging her because of her music and what you read in the tabloids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekemini)
    I know it shouldn't be but I cant shake my dislike for this girl. I know she does nice things. Comes off as a saint. But behind all that all I see is a fake human being
    I don't really care for her music, but I do find it somewhat refreshing to see somebody in the pop music industry these days who actually conducts herself with dignity and doesn't need to act like a disgusting degenerate or try oh so hard to be "controversial", even if it is all a put on (and I don't think it is tbh).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clh_hilary)
    She also sang about people who criticised her celestial vocals in country number one platinum single 'Mean', Grammy's Best Country Song and Best Female Country Vocal Performance.
    Good to know?

ReputationRep:
    Mm, I don't know. I can't really work her out. Like the whole sending gifts to fans thing was really sweet, but the fact that it was recorded and uploaded onto Youtube just kind of screams "look at how amazing and thoughtful I am!!!" It reminds me of people who post statuses on Facebook like "Aww just helped this cute old lady carry her shopping, everyone should take more time to help others in need " - ughhhhhhhh. But if I was in her shoes I would also want to give back to the fans and what she did was incredibly generous, if posting a video about it is going to further your career or your publicist is pushing it then I guess fair enough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greenlaner)
    I don't really care for her music, but I do find it somewhat refreshing to see somebody in the pop music industry these days who actually conducts herself with dignity and doesn't need to act like a disgusting degenerate or try oh so hard to be "controversial", even if it is all a put on (and I don't think it is tbh).
    I guess. She DOES carry herself with dignity and I give her kudos for that. It is hard not to lose your self value in Hollywood. But public shaming of guys she has dated? Naaa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by $$$stackemup$$$)
    If you actually look at some of the interviews of her on Youtube. She is a really humble & down-to-earth gal.

All u haters, stop judging her because of her music and what you read in the tabloids.
    Yeah maybe she is down to earth but what gives with the public shaming of guys she has dated. And then she would be whining and saying "I was selling out stadiums and all people cared about what was my love life! It breaks my heart". All people cared about was your love life? Why is that so? because you gave the nothing else to care about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catsis)
    I like her. I get her and I get why people think she's fake. I have the same problem with people who don't hang out with me often. We just come across awkward but we're oh so awesome!
    I like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeaX)
    Mm, I don't know. I can't really work her out. Like the whole sending gifts to fans thing was really sweet, but the fact that it was recorded and uploaded onto Youtube just kind of screams "look at how amazing and thoughtful I am!!!" It reminds me of people who post statuses on Facebook like "Aww just helped this cute old lady carry her shopping, everyone should take more time to help others in need " - ughhhhhhhh. But if I was in her shoes I would also want to give back to the fans and what she did was incredibly generous, if posting a video about it is going to further your career or your publicist is pushing it then I guess fair enough?
    The thing is I cant hate her for posting all her good deeds on the internet because if other Hollywood stars did anything good for anyone then they would also post it on the internet. But I wholeheartedly agree with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Personally, I don't think you can really call someone fake when you don't know them. People are too quick in everyday life to call people fake when in reality they've never said a word to them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    100%

ReputationRep:
    you start off closed to the idea of liking it.. then you listen to it in a 'i can't believe people listen to this' kinda way.. the progress to 'listening ironically' or whatever, and then finally you accept that it's fantastic and you listen to her music because you like it without shame.

ReputationRep:
    Fake as feck.
    Slightly weird as well: The whole 25 year old marketing herself as a teenage girl thing.

Much like Ariana 'left side of my face' Grande.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.