Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Fox hunting to be legalised if Tories win 2015 General Election Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    So its not pest control then?
    No it is still pest control. You just have fun while you do it.

ReputationRep:
    Its not pest control.....

If its pest control- use a gun.

ps wouldn't call somebody who has achieved more than you a petulant twit..... otherwise what on earth are you?!
    For someone who has "achieved more", your reasoning is laughably poor. Whatever your achievements may be, they do not prevent you from being a petulant twit. Sorry about that.

Hunting with hounds can be both pest control and something else. If I went out with a bunch of mates dressed in red and had a good time shooting rabbits, you could hardly say our dress and conduct would stop it being pest control.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    So its not pest control then?
    That is one of the dumbest arguments I've heard for anything in a long time. Does this mean that going to play football with your mates isn't to have fun an exercise?

ReputationRep:
    I care more about foxes than many humans so this is a dickish policy. Still better than labour or green tripe, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    That is one of the dumbest arguments I've heard for anything in a long time. Does this mean that going to play football with your mates isn't to have fun an exercise?
    The person comparing 30 dogs ripping a fox to shreds with playing football is saying my argument is dumb........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BitWindy)
    For someone who has "achieved more", your reasoning is laughably poor. Whatever your achievements may be, they do not prevent you from being a petulant twit. Sorry about that.

Hunting with hounds can be both pest control and something else. If I went out with a bunch of mates dressed in red and had a good time shooting rabbits, you could hardly say our dress and conduct would stop it being pest control.
    Yes I could...... if its pest control you wouldn't be pratting around on the back of a horse, trotting around the village green saying hello to people in a red tunic and blowing a horn.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    No it is still pest control. You just have fun while you do it.
    Doesn't the term pest seem rather oxymoronic with the word "fun"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Observatory)
    The choice isn't between having meat and having no food. If we banned meat, no one would starve. People want meat because they enjoy the taste and the texture and the wider variety of dishes it makes possible. There's also an element of tradition, e.g. Sunday Roast, turkey at Christmas, etc.

Very well. Some people enjoy a tradition of killing foxes. What's the difference, other than that you don't like the fox people, but do like the Christmas turkey people?

I'm not going to dispute your beliefs with you, and I accept there are people who are sincerely (although perhaps not many consistently) opposed to halal meat production on animal welfare grounds. There is also a large number of people who just want a stick they can use to beat muslims with.
    You sir are a boss
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    The person comparing 30 dogs ripping a fox to shreds with playing football is saying my argument is dumb........
    Well, for the purposes of your argument it is, you were arguing that because it is a social occasion as well as pest control it cannot be pest control, i.e. if it is social that is the only purpose, in which case it is perfect fair to compare it to football, or any other things that are done for one reason but are also social events at the same time.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    And here we see somebody with no comprehension skills

ReputationRep:
    No, it is fun to hunt pests.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I could...... if its pest control you wouldn't be pratting around on the back of a horse, trotting around the village green saying hello to people in a red tunic and blowing a horn.....
    You have pursued this doomed line of argument for too long, try something else.

ReputationRep:
    What I find disgusting is that our prime minister says he will only be involved in tv debates if the greens are there! What rubbish is this! Which Tv debates organisers are gonna manage to hold down a debate between 5 parties! It's our cowardly prime minister who refuses to face direct criticism in an environment he can't walk away from. 😷😷😷😷

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjenks12)
    What I find disgusting is that our prime minister says he will only be involved in tv debates if the greens are there! What rubbish is this! Which Tv debates organisers are gonna manage to hold down a debate between 5 parties! It's our cowardly prime minister who refuses to face direct criticism in an environment he can't walk away from.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And staying on topic rather than commenting on a not exactly unintelligent move, it has its own thread?

ReputationRep:
    It's nice to see that they have their priorities in order. Absolutely sickening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.a.u)
    It's nice to see that they have their priorities in order. Absolutely sickening.
    It's a problem that is easily solved, it's not about priorities. It's not like they've made it a key campaign message.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.a.u)
    As implied above, typical anti-Tory crap
    They announce intentions to do something that affects a small portion of society, namely, stereotypically, the very rich, and it is declared to be a priority. Would you make similar remarks if, say, Labour announced that they were going to make private ownership of horses illegal and declare they have their priorities all wrong? After all, all it does it negatively impact a stereotype. I guess I could pull a million and one things that both parties have said they will do and declare their priorities are wrong. And, if it were such an important thing that the legislation is repealled, why exactly is it an open vote?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BitWindy)
    It's a problem that is easily solved, it's not about priorities. It's not like they've made it a key campaign message.
    Just how is the fact that a few aristocrats and wannabes aren't able to go out and slaughter foxes for sport 'a problem'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    As implied above, typical anti-Tory crap
    They announce intentions to do something that affects a small portion of society, namely, stereotypically, the very rich, and it is declared to be a priority. Would you make similar remarks if, say, Labour announced that they were going to make private ownership of horses illegal and declare they have their priorities all wrong? After all, all it does it negatively impact a stereotype. I guess I could pull a million and one things that both parties have said they will do and declare their priorities are wrong. And, if it were such an important thing that the legislation is repealled, why exactly is it an open vote?
    Actually, I was a Tory until relatively recently (and New Labour before that). It sends a horrendous message. As a PR man, Cameron must know how much of a stupid move this is. It will further convince the middle classes that he is as out of touch as we all suspect, and convince the poor to vote UKIP, who arguably are much worse on this front. They have a baron (or is a viscount?) for an MEP.

So, as you say it affects only a small percentage of the population, surely it is politically useless to make it legal again? Well, that is if we don't consider party and campaign donations. It's clearly politically damaging to even consider it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.a.u)
    Just how is the fact that a few aristocrats and wannabes aren't able to go out and slaughter foxes for sport 'a problem'?
    How is the fact that they can? You are also quite nicely soaking up the stereotypes.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.