The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Ticket Shop?

Has anyone used this place for tickets yet? You can order tickets from their website (http://www.bristolticketshop.co.uk/) but I'd rather do it in person.

Does anyone know if you can just go along to the shop, pay the money and get the tickets there and then? If that'll save me a few quid on delivery then I'll do that, because I'm going to Broadmead tomorrow anyway.

Also, if I do end up getting the tickets delivered, am I allowed to have it delivered to my hall? Coz it might have to be a recorded delivery or something. I don't know how the post thing works.

Scroll to see replies

Rui
Has anyone used this place for tickets yet? You can order tickets from their website (http://www.bristolticketshop.co.uk/) but I'd rather do it in person.

Does anyone know if you can just go along to the shop, pay the money and get the tickets there and then? If that'll save me a few quid on delivery then I'll do that, because I'm going to Broadmead tomorrow anyway.

Also, if I do end up getting the tickets delivered, am I allowed to have it delivered to my hall? Coz it might have to be a recorded delivery or something. I don't know how the post thing works.

From what I've heard, you just go to the shop and ask for the tickets you want - then they give them to you. I think I remember somebody saying you got a student discount, but I'm probably wrong - take your Uni card with you just in case, you never know! :p:

If they need to send them, then you'd be fine giving them a uni address. I've had SOOOO much stuff delivered to Wills as recorded delivery, and luckily, as we have a porter there pretty much all the time, there's always somebody to sign for you.

All the packages that arrive are kept in the porters' lodge, and a list of stuff that's arrived is left on the reception noticeboard so you know when to pick stuff up. You just take along your meal card and they hand over the parcel. We also have pigeonholes for all our regular post, letter type things etc and it seems to be a pretty reliable system.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
They're a great shop - I use them all the time.
You can go in in person, yes.
You're at Badock right? If you get them recorded delivery (there should be an option when you buy them), the porters keep them and you sign for them. There should be a list on the window at the porters lodge, and you just ask them for it.
Reply 3
Thanks very much, guys. If the shop is as you have both said, then it sounds excellent.

I'm gonna get tickets for Art Brut. I :suith: Art Brut.
Reply 4
Their service is really helpful and friendly too. When I've had problems before, they've been resolved almost immediately.
Reply 5
Is it easy to find? I got slightly lost in Broadmead on the previous occassion I visited. :frown:
Reply 6
IIRC it's reasonably easy to find. Bottom floor of the Broadmead Centre, go through the doors into the arcade and it's the last one on the left, it has gig listeings in the window.
Reply 7
its very easy to find i've been twice this week, good service and you get the tickets there and then
Reply 8
Mucho gracias.
Reply 9
This shop is brilliant.
Reply 10
Good, n'est-ce pas? You appreciate it even more when you want tickets for things that aren't in Bristol.
Reply 11
My mate got lost looking for it, it's a bit inconspicuous but if you know what you're looking for it's great. I need to collect my White Rose Movement tickets soon and buy Metric ones. I love the place. Uni card? Crap I keep forgetting to ask for student discounts >:frown:

You mean I can buy tickets for gigs outside Bristol?
Reply 12
You can get ones for Cardiff/Bath/some festivals normally, but I meant that when you want to get one for somewhere else, you appreciate it a whole lot more when aloud/ticketmaster/whoever charge you a fortune in booking fees and postage, and will only let you buy one gig's worth of tickets per order.
Reply 13
Grrr White Rose Movement are crap.
Reply 14
EPD
You can get ones for Cardiff/Bath/some festivals normally, but I meant that when you want to get one for somewhere else, you appreciate it a whole lot more when aloud/ticketmaster/whoever charge you a fortune in booking fees and postage, and will only let you buy one gig's worth of tickets per order.

I recommend Jumbo Tickets for Leeds, Rock-City.co.uk for Nottingham, and Stargreen for London. Seetickets/Ticketmaster charge you a fortune.
Reply 15
bobbob
I recommend Jumbo Tickets for Leeds, Rock-City.co.uk for Nottingham, and Stargreen for London. Seetickets/Ticketmaster charge you a fortune.

Yeah, I usually buy my tickets from Jumbo/Crash for gigs in Leeds. That's where I live out of term-time, so I go to a fair few gigs there.
Reply 16
Rui
Grrr White Rose Movement are crap.

Meh personally I like them. They've got fun danceable beats.
Reply 17
They might be good somewhere small, I spose. I saw them supporting The Strokes at Hammersmith Apollo in February, and they were absolutely terrible.
Reply 18
Good service, cheap tickets, great gig.

Bristol Ticket Shop rocks.

As do Art Brut.
I need to go there for Erol Alkan/Simian Mobile Disco tickets.

Possibly Roots Manuva as well, I need to get some people to come see him with me though.

Latest

Trending

Trending