Turn on thread page Beta

17 year old with a Mini One = rich parents? watch

ReputationRep:
    Fresher at a sports club I'm part of turned up in a ford focus sport, blacked out windows+sat nav, 20 grand car

f**king freshers

ReputationRep:
    Yes damn him to hell! How dare his parents do well in life and decide to treat him to a nice car!:mad:

Seriously, so what if somebody young has a really nice car bought for them; it doesn't automatically make then pretentious and spoilt, does it?

ReputationRep:
    no not at all, the assumption comes automatically tho

its just we have quite a % of v well off, conservative, students, who in my experience are very pretentious+spoilt, so when i see a 18yr old with a 20k car I think of these types of students

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you that most young people with very expensive cars tend to be pricks....but not all of 'em. I just think it's stupid to judge a personality on a car....

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18, i've got a Mercedes benz A-class.
    You can say i'm spoiled, even though i've cleared my own bank account to partially get it.
    So yeah. Generalisation sucks.

ReputationRep:
    Whether or not his parents paid for the car, if he's going to a £10k a year private school I think it's safe to say his parents are fairly rich which was, afterall, the question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T. Hereford)
    17 year old with a Mini One = rich parents?

Yes or no?
    :rolleyes: I know a girl who got a mini one for her 16th birthday and her mum and dad paid for her boyfriend to be on the insurance and for her to have learners insurance.....take of that as you will.

ReputationRep:
    cant u get cars for like £99 a month now and stuff? thats probably a stupid question but i have no idea about buying cars.

not that im implying the mini was. his parents will have most likely bought it but loads of people get their cars bought by their parents now anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T. Hereford)
    i also forgot to mention that the guy in question also attends a £10,000 a year private school.
    10k a year private school...thats cheap! Not bad at all, must be a crap private school! The one i went to was not like a 'name' like Eton College or Wellington College (although i did play them at Rugby, nancy boys!) but it was alot more than 10k a year.

Thats nothing for a private school.

And just to echo everyone else, it really doesn't matter, if i had 11k to spend on a car it certainly wouldn't be the Mini One...Ibiza FR

Graham

ReputationRep:
    I think its safe to say that if a student has a mini one its been bought for them from parents. You couldnt save up from a saturday job

ReputationRep:
    goodness sakes. im driving a 1.6 toyota corolla which is only 1.5 years old, im paying insurance AND petrol. my parents paid 1/2 the money for it, i paid half and i will give it them back! my parents are "rich", but im by no means spoilt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L0RA)
    I think its safe to say that if a student has a mini one its been bought for them from parents. You couldnt save up from a saturday job
    True, but not every 17/18 year old has a 'saturday job' in sainsburys or whatever. I certainly didn't anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sync)
    Yes damn him to hell! How dare his parents do well in life and decide to treat him to a nice car!:mad:

Seriously, so what if somebody young has a really nice car bought for them; it doesn't automatically make then pretentious and spoilt, does it?
    Seems like someone upset the poor little rich kid.

Diddums.

ReputationRep:
    You ask the weirdest questions. Plus you go on different forums pretending to be someone else, it's very odd behaviour.

And so what if they do have a mini? Shrieks jealousy IMO. And GBDuo is right, £10,000 is absolutely nothing for a decent school.

Who gives a **** about other people and how rich they are. Good for them. You should be celebrating what you got in life yourself rather then worrying about other materialistic people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elementalism)

Diddums.

ha, ha. lol that was funny.

ReputationRep:
    I think you will find that Sync is neither rich nor a kid

Joke's on you.

Graham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    I think you will find that Sync is neither rich nor a kid

Joke's on you.

Graham
    Yes, I suppose the joke really is on me

LOL @ the threadstarter trying to pretend that this thread isn't actually about him.

Don't worry, I'm sure the chaps at school won't give you jolly good ribbing about the fact that you were given a girls car by your parents. I wouldn't, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, guy at my school got a brand new mini (except it was the Mini Cooper so it was cool), he still got called gay batty boy! lol!

Graham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elementalism)

Diddums.
    Yeah, my 17 year old Land Rover off ebay really broke the bank....:rolleyes:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.