Favourite moment as a fan? Watch

BethhPhill
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by bigmac26)
QPR fan (apologies to the cardiff fan - I know we don't exactly get on ) and it has to be the 2 play off finals - 2003 v cardiff (lost 1-0) and 2014 v derby (won 1-0), plus 3-2 wins against leicester (2004) and west brom (2014), both from 2-0 down. Even the 3-2 loss to liverpool this year was great. Supporting QPR isn't exactly dull :cool:
I went to the QPR 2003 match!!

Ah cool - haha, it's good to have entertainment supporting your team. I can see why you were so happy in the Derby match, gotta be honest, I wasn't expecting that last minute winner, typical!
bigmac26
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Davalla)
Excuse me, friend, can we have our Cardiff players back?
cheers for caulker, he's a wall, and mutch isn't bad either. Hope you enjoyed that new white away kit by the way - are you swansea in disguise?
bigmac26
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BethhPhill)

Ah cool - haha, it's good to have entertainment supporting your team. I can see why you were so happy in the Derby match, gotta be honest, I wasn't expecting that last minute winner, typical!
what a game that was in 2003, and thanks for the lovely 'welcome' your fans gave us haha yeah nobody was expecting that, what a way to win it, i'll never forget it
BethhPhill
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by bigmac26)
cheers for caulker, he's a wall, and mutch isn't bad either. Hope you enjoyed that new white away kit by the way - are you swansea in disguise?
We can't be Swansea in disguise, because Swansea are a lot more stable and actually a good team.

I am not a fan of that white and red kit - absolutely hate it !

Posted from TSR Mobile
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
''and Solskjaer has won it''

8 year old me (who had stayed up past his bedtime) was delighted.
adam_sellors2002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What strikes you as your favourite moment of supporting your beloved football team?

I'm expecting a few :facepalm: looks when I say I'm a big Cardiff City (Bluebird) fan, but they're my childhood club and you stick by them.

We're the only team to have lost in the finals in Wembley of the FA Cup, Carling Cup and Play Off Finals, so with that, and our current battle between the red and blue kits, it's been a bumpy ride!

Despite this, I do have some fond memories. I've always loved supporting football and as a kid, they were great days out with my dad (12 years later, we're off to watch Watford tomorrow!), and the atmosphere was exciting. I also loved visiting places like Stamford Bridge and the Emirates when we were a bottom of the championship club - showed off our singing; we were a lot louder!

I think for me, my favourite moment as a Cardiff City fan was Michael Chopra's very late winner against Swansea - the atmosphere was incredible. Swansea are doing a lot lot better than Cardiff at the moment, and it's great to see a Welsh club in the Premier League, but this was an incredible day!!

I used to love the games in the Ninian Park too though, where the atmosphere was so much better than the new stadium.

So, what do you guys count as your greatest moment in supporting your football club? What do you love about following your team?

I often tweet about sport, @Bethphill_ on twitter
As a rams fan, this season has been one of the best I've ever seen! Lampard starting the bounce, getting to wembley and of course smashing Leeds 4-2 in the playoffs! Absolute limbs in the away end! Has to be one of the best games I've ever been to! Electric atmosphere, cracking game and shut up all the cocky Leeds fans which is always fantastic. Stop Crying Bielsa!!!
adam_sellors2002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Neither were us Derby fans :mad:

barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The last game at Underhill was probably the most special moment. Ending with a win, with a Champions League winner playing for us.

Name:  IMG-20130623-00911.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  120.7 KB
BenK64
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
"With his last kick for Chelsea Football Club..... HES DONE IIIIIIIIIIIT. THE GREATEST NIGHT IN THE HISTORY OF CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB. EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS. THEY'VE BEATEN BAYERN IN THEIR OWN BACKYARD.'
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My first and last match in Weserstadion when Werder Bremen played against FC Basel in UCL qualifying. That was in 2007, if I am not mistaken, lost the first leg 1-2 before and in return leg the result was still 0-0 at half time, had the greatest chance to get 1-0 ahead, but missed a penalty. At the end, Werder won 3-0 and came into UCL.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (150)
17.71%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.85%
No I am happy with my course choice (501)
59.15%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise