Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Until the media outcry earlier this year, I had never even heard of the bloke. I don't find him funny in the slightest, but I thought the mass feminist censorship of him was ridiculous, and while I acknowledge the guy was an idiot, I did feel slightly sorry for him.

Months after he was forced off air, he's now back. He probably won't be any funnier, but it's going to piss off the feminists and it's going to be epic.

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic news for anyone who is against the censorship of comedy. I expect the people who campaigned to ban his show and said he was "free to perform his material just not on TV" will now be trying to ban him from performing his material on vine/youtube etc.

ReputationRep:
    I like how no-one gives a **** how he makes a rape joke to an audience member, even if they laugh, it's still somehow offensive.

I'm surprised people cared since it bears no resemblance to actual rape.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I don't find him funny, I think this is a victory for freedom of speech. We know Dapper Laughs is a persona and we know he's trying to be funny - not trying to incite rape. He'll quickly grow old if the media doesn't make a big deal out of him again. But the point is, we might not find him funny, but he has every right to perform his 'comedy'; people just have to learn to take it with a pinch of salt and/or not pay it any attention.

Dapper Laughs is a fad, and that's all. Little more can be expected from someone who found their fame on Vine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    I like how no-one gives a **** how he makes a rape joke to an audience member, even if they laugh, it's still somehow offensive.

I'm surprised people cared since it bears no resemblance to actual rape.
    I am always amazed how people go on about rape jokes on tv etc. Off the top of my head I can only think of one by Jimmy Carr. I think they are fairly rare.
    I work in an all male environment and maybe I am lucky but I can't remember the last rape joke I heard.

ReputationRep:
    Rape jokes can be funny, they just need to be in the right context.

ReputationRep:
    TF is this? He needs to get over himself. No one is checking for him anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic news, I've missed his vines! But then I've also missed Jerome Jarre as well, I wonder where he's gone to :/

ReputationRep:
    What a hideously unfunny guy. I thought he said Dapper Laughs was just a character & he killed it off? Lol, looks like a moment of realisation hit when he realised he's a one-trick pony.

Frankie Boyle is a great example of making jokes out of sensitive things & still being funny. He is no Frankie Boyle.

ReputationRep:
    He does make me lol - https://vine.co/v/Mb9MYvmT6W9

ReputationRep:
    Then there's Arthur - https://vine.co/u/959510044221820928

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.