Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What age did you start drinking and what did you drink? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I guess I was 16 when I first started drinking cider regularly. First time I got truly drunk I was 17. Not sure I've been that bad since then. I still refer to that day as 'black saturday'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crozibear96)
    I just don't see the appeal of it.. Are you only able to have a good time vomiting everywhere, without steady vision, and without the ability to speak clearly?
    Yeah, I don't get it either.

If you're going to do this (why?) just make sure a) it's not your house - you don't want to be the one who has to clean up the vomit, b) you are not the first one to pass out - drunk people can find it hilarious to do things to unconscious people, and c) there's someone sober enough to make sure you don't choke on your own vomit while you're asleep.

Oh, and d) remember what it feels like. If you're even vaguely sensible, it will be enough to stop you wanting to do this again very often or at all.

ReputationRep:
    Started drinking around age 15, used to be a complete lightweight and I still am a bit (age 17). To get drunk quick I guess vodka is good just don't overdo it or you'll be puking your guts out at 10. Pace yourself and mix it with coke, sprite etc. Drinking loads of water before you go to sleep helps reduce the hangover if you remember to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was 13/14 first time but that was long ago and it was typical park stuff. Best learn early though as at freshers week there is the sheltered kids who drink spirits like water and they are the ones who have not leant the art of drinking. I am always greatful to my dad for allowing me to drink in moderation with him because I have built up a good tolerance now and it means I never go over the top. Once an experiences drinker you can always tell who the noobs are, as they are more often than not In bed before the night has begun

ReputationRep:
    I'm 21 and I still don't drink :eek:

ReputationRep:
    0 and probably my mums breast milk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I was 4 when I had my first gulp of stella.

No but first proper drink was a shot of like alcoholic appletizer when I was 12.

I've always loved the taste of alcohol though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Probably started at about 13 and it would have been the usual lager and vodka. At 14 onwards I was regularly attending house parties and getting drunk.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently 22

I had my first drink on St. Patrick's Day 2012 when I was 19 and a half: You can take an accurate guess as to what beer it was. I wasn't a major fan but it was certainly better than the absolute grossness that I tried about 6 months later - Carlsberg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWaffle)
    I'm 21 and I still don't drink :eek:
    Haha ikr? Why did the post assume we will inevitably start drinking alcohol at some point. I don't drink either, I'm only 19 though so I've got soooo much temptation in the way of my tee-totalism to go yet

ReputationRep:
    15 for me. Im still 15. I just drink when i can. Usually white wine or some bud.

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember, it was maybe when I was 11 that I had some mulled wine or something of the sort. The next time that counts is when I was 14ish, but Budweiser is disgusting and I don't know if I even finished the bottle. I've never been drunk, perhaps a little tipsy.

ReputationRep:
    When you have fosters, bud becomes delicious. I prefer something with more taste though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveishere)
    When you have fosters, bud becomes delicious. I prefer something with more taste though
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm probably just not a beer person really.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I was 16 years old and it was some kind of dark beer and to this day I cannot drink dark beer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matildascarlett)
    Umm I'm pretty sure you have to be either 18 or 16
    You are wrong. Google it

ReputationRep:
    I can drink beer but i just prefer other drinks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveishere)
    I can drink beer but i just prefer other drinks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I really don't see the obsession with being drunk. People fake being bladdered and for what reason. These people who are 12/13 saying there getting drunk you probably have never had a glass of anything in your lives

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Charlotte15)
    I really don't see the obsession with being drunk. People fake being bladdered and for what reason. These people who are 12/13 saying there getting drunk you probably have never had a glass of anything in your lives

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I drink but ive never been drunk. Never felt the need... Yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember my actual first drink but I was regularly drunk parading the streets at 14 on Lambrini :puke: never ever touching that stuff again.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.