Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Electronic Face Brushes? (i.e Clarisonic & Foreo) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been reading about electronic face brushes for quite a while and SO many people recommend them. I know there's quite a variety out there, i.e Clarisonic, No7's version and the Foreo, but I was wondering if anyone on here had any experience with any (preferably the foreo)?
    I have very sensitive skin so was hoping to go for the 'ultra sensitive foreo'- it's in the region of £145.00 so I'm quite anxious about taking the leap and it not being worth it (despite website reviews and beauty bloggers ratings).
    So, if anyone on here has had any experience with electronic face brushes, feel free to add your thoughts :-)

ReputationRep:
    Several months ago, I used the Clarisonic face brush in the hope that it would draw out the spots on my face. My spots aren't exactly what I'd define as acne, but they tend to settle in one area (currently my chin and month) for months at a time. So, I started to use the Clarisonic every evening after cleaning my face with my usual cleanser. Initially, it didn't surprise me when my face broke out and spots appeared everywhere - it was to be expected, right? But the problem was that, over a week on, they showed no signs of disappearing - in fact, I'm quite certain that more spots were coming up every day!

After a while, I stopped using the Clarisonic because it had showed absolutely no signs of improving my face; to be honest, it was probably cleaning my face a little too well! A while later, curiosity got the better of me once again and I started to use the Clarisonic, albeit this time only once every few evenings. Guess what? The same problem happened all over again!

Despite my bad luck with facial brushes, I don't think that everyone with spots will share my experience: some things simply don't work for one group of people. As you have sensitive skin, I'd recommend you using a brush with softer bristles and not cleaning your face with the brush too often - maybe twice a week? If you do get it, let me know how it goes - maybe the Foreo might be the answer to my spotty problems!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharmingCat)
    Several months ago, I used the Clarisonic face brush in the hope that it would draw out the spots on my face. My spots aren't exactly what I'd define as acne, but they tend to settle in one area (currently my chin and month) for months at a time. So, I started to use the Clarisonic every evening after cleaning my face with my usual cleanser. Initially, it didn't surprise me when my face broke out and spots appeared everywhere - it was to be expected, right? But the problem was that, over a week on, they showed no signs of disappearing - in fact, I'm quite certain that more spots were coming up every day!

After a while, I stopped using the Clarisonic because it had showed absolutely no signs of improving my face; to be honest, it was probably cleaning my face a little too well! A while later, curiosity got the better of me once again and I started to use the Clarisonic, albeit this time only once every few evenings. Guess what? The same problem happened all over again!

Despite my bad luck with facial brushes, I don't think that everyone with spots will share my experience: some things simply don't work for one group of people. As you have sensitive skin, I'd recommend you using a brush with softer bristles and not cleaning your face with the brush too often - maybe twice a week? If you do get it, let me know how it goes - maybe the Foreo might be the answer to my spotty problems!
    I opted against the "ultra sensitive" version of the Foreo, instead, I've opted for their "sensitive/normal" version. I've used it for a few days now & I have to say I already love it!!! My skin is SO soft after using it & I feel like I've had a mini-facial. In terms of how effective it is at clearing my face up, I had a couple of blemishes appearing on my forehead & after using the Foreo, the redness had very nearly disappeared. I am unable to boast about it's long term effects as of yet :-)
    I love the fact that, unlike the Clarisonic, it's completely silicone. Not only does this mean I don't have to keep buying new brushes, but it is also incredibly hygienic & EASILY fits in with my routine. I would definitely recommend this to you, I am very optimistic :-)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 2015
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.