Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Is Hot Chocolate Bad For You? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is having around 1/2 mugs of hot chocolate every day bad for you? If so, how bad is it? Is it worse than the same amount of regular tea/coffee?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if srs

Chocolate is 'more bad' for you than, say, broccoli

but a mug of hot chocolate a day will not do anything other than slightly dehydrate you, possibly affect your sleep if you're caffeine-sensitive and have it late at night, and maybe affect your cut. So yeah buh-bye six-pack. But if you're cutting then you should know more than most people our age about good nutrition already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    Not sure if srs

Chocolate is 'more bad' for you than, say, broccoli

but a mug of hot chocolate a day will not do anything other than slightly dehydrate you, possibly affect your sleep if you're caffeine-sensitive and have it late at night, and maybe affect your cut. So yeah buh-bye six-pack. But if you're cutting then you should know more than most people our age about good nutrition already
    I know chocolate is bad, obviously..

I mean, compared to tea/coffee, how bad is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZSHNZ)
    I know chocolate is bad, obviously..

I mean, compared to tea/coffee, how bad is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    significantly more calorific than any tea and black/plain coffee. Higher level of saturated fat and sugar. Probably slightly more dehydrating. But contains slightly more calcium than Earl Grey which contains tannins that prevent calcium absorption. Equally caffeinated to coffee, moreso than green tea.

When in doubt green tea or water!

If you're determined to have coffee...depends how you like it, black or a Starbucks frappuccino with whipped cream and marshmallows?

ReputationRep:
    of course hot chocolate is worse than coffee and tea. Chocolate contains fat and sugar from the milk and the chocolate..
    Only if you have tea and coffee with a shed load of sugar and replace all the water with whole milk is it comparable.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.