Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Hair thinning hairline receding? Watch

ReputationRep:
    my hair is thinning dramatically at the front. I shaved it and its grown back and even though the front has grown back its still thinner than the rest of my hair if that makes sense.. I dont know why this is happening my dad isnt bald.. and I'm a black male in my 20s..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can slow the hair thinning. I would probably look at that now in order to preserve what's left for the future.
    Are then men on your mother's side bald? It doesn't always follow the paternal line.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    You can slow the hair thinning. I would probably look at that now in order to preserve what's left for the future.
    Are then men on your mother's side bald? It doesn't always follow the paternal line.
    Do black men even go bald? my dad is slowly balding but hes in his 60s.. I think I have two bald uncles but generally no. Im worried it could be a medical condition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vito Scaletta)
    Do black men even go bald? my dad is slowly balding but hes in his 60s.. I think I have two bald uncles but generally no. Im worried it could be a medical condition.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Of course they go bald. Black people aren't another species of human. All raced men can and do go bald.
    You have 2 bald uncles...it's likely hereditary. Go and see the doctor in any case and they may be able to give you something that slows your hair loss so that 10-15 years down the line, you won't have lost as much hair as if you just do nothing. Please go sooner rather than later.

Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.