Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

A muslim hijabi girl attracted to japanese guys. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nonochan)
    Yes my family know of my preference for Japanese guys ^_^
    A japanese, a chinese, an american....No matter. Honestly As long as if it's a good guy it's ok for them
    Okay that's a great. I guess it could work then. Wish you the best.

ReputationRep:
    Yes my family know of my preference for Japanese guys ^_^
    A japanese, a chinese, an american....No matter. Honestly As long as if it's a good guy it's ok for them
    Well atheists can be good guys too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groot)
    Isn't it silly how religion stops two people in love from being together just because of differences in beliefs? It's not like people who have different beliefs can't get along with one another.
    Well,I'm free to be atheist if I want but I've chosen this religion so I'm ready to face the consequences of this choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lNurl)
    Quick edit "As long as if its a good Muslim guy its OK for them"

Let me tell you what would they think about hijab.. People doesn't like when something is forced... Even if its your choice to wear hijab, from outside it looks as if its forced. Even its your choice to wear it, you cannot just take it off in a hot summer day (outside) and wear it back in winter...non Muslim people would like to go on holidays together where they can enjoy, not look female only pools. Idk how even its possible to enjoy beach holiday with hijabi

Thank you for your honest answer
    But I'm not forced at all, my cousins for example are not believers and they don't wear hijab...I didn't before. But I did a choice and if I didn't take it off during the summer it's because I don't want to. I feel at ease even when it's hot outside.I would not have made the choice to be interested in Islam and to choose it If I didn't like it.

All my friends are atheist, I actually have only 2 muslims friends and we can enjoy summer holidays ^_^ We travel, go to the beach, video games, sports and so on. You know, wearing a hijab doesn't make me less teenager than others.
    If I want to put a bikini and swim in a pool I can, I don't need to be with boys to enjoy swimming xD If we were friends I think you will change your point of you on hijab lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    Okay that's a great. I guess it could work then. Wish you the best.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    No one can really give you a definitive answer. You'll just have to go out there and see for yourself. I mean I'm black, and one of my bfs was japanese. I can safely say that the majority of east asian guys probably aren't attracted to black girls but I wouldn't let that hold me back :dontknow: There's always someone for everyone, even when you have a preference. Just get to know some japanese dudes and go from there. If they like you, then wicked. If not, then just keep it moving

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Well atheists can be good guys too.
    Of course there are good and bad guys everywhere ^^
    You know, There are some guys who say they are believers and whose the behaviours are bad and opposite to what religion teaches us.

There are good atheists , muslim,christian, jewish, buddhist guys or whatever the religion, as much as there are bad of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tai Ga)
    No one can really give you a definitive answer. You'll just have to go out there and see for yourself. I mean I'm black, and one of my bfs was japanese. I can safely say that the majority of east asian guys probably aren't attracted to black girls but I wouldn't let that hold me back :dontknow: There's always someone for everyone, even when you have a preference. Just get to know some japanese dudes and go from there. If they like you, then wicked. If not, then just keep it moving

Yes you're right, there's always someone for everyone
    Thank you hihiii

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty, good luck with that.

The Japanese, as a people, are not very receptive to other religions. Christian missionaries have tried to get people to convert for centuries. They never really achieved anything in Japan (as opposed to South Korea or China.)

Maybe the odd individual will be different, but that'll be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

On another note, I find it kind of a lot to ask from your partner that he convert to Islam. I mean, I know it's something that people do, but I've always had issues with it. Coming from a Christian household that has tried to get me to believe for decades, I feel that asking someone to believe in something they just don't is quite selfish. But that's my own issue, if you find someone willing, that'll be great.

If you're just attracted to East Asians though, I'd suggest that you consider the Chinese. There is already a large community of Muslim Chinese.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miniteen)
    In all honesty, good luck with that.

The Japanese, as a people, are not very receptive to other religions. Christian missionaries have tried to get people to convert for centuries. They never really achieved anything in Japan (as opposed to South Korea or China.)

Maybe the odd individual will be different, but that'll be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

On another note, I find it kind of a lot to ask from your partner that he convert to Islam. I mean, I know it's something that people do, but I've always had issues with it. Coming from a Christian household that has tried to get me to believe for decades, I feel that asking someone to believe in something they just don't is quite selfish. But that's my own issue, if you find someone willing, that'll be great.

If you're just attracted to East Asians though, I'd suggest that you consider the Chinese. There is already a large community of Muslim Chinese.
    You are totally right, I've even never thought to convert my partner to Islam, because there is no sense...You don't convert for others but for yourself. xD
    I mean You can talk them about your beliefs if they are interested in, but asking someone to believe in something they just don't, it's not only selfish but a bit stupid ...The belief comes from the heart and anything else. So I totally agree with you.

Japanese really don't care about monotheistic religions, like you said that'll be like looking for a needle in a haystack Good luck for me haha

ReputationRep:
    Are you an Otaku?

(Original post by lNurl)
    Why would you care if Japanese guys like hijabi girls? If they like, that wouldn't change anything for you.

I guess the questions should have been : are there any Japanese guys who would convert to Islam for a girl..
    They may not need to convert... Japanese Muslims exist fyi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Are you an Otaku?
    Well, if for you Otaku means a computer nerd who always stays at home and who only does solitary pursuits, I'm not

But if you refers only to person who love japanese culture,including the Anime world of course, Yes I am
    before wearing hijab I was a cosplayer ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeStudent)
    They may not need to convert... Japanese Muslims exist fyi.
    They are really few

ReputationRep:
    You want the Japs? Order some artificial tentacles and you're pretty set.

ReputationRep:
    Well, if for you Otaku means a computer nerd who always stays at home and who only does solitary pursuits, I'm not

But if you refers only to person who love japanese culture,including the Anime world of course, Yes I am
    before wearing hijab I was a cosplayer ^^
    If you did the cosplay you are definitely an Otaku. That is probably the most Otaku thing you could do.

ReputationRep:
    Giver her a break. She asked a simple enough question and so many have either questioned her back or disputed their dislike of her reasoning.. If a religious person did that to you, you'd be quick to say "stop forcing me to believe your religion". This isn't so different.

Anyways she's explained herself and given her reasons for what she wants, so just offer advice as requested please.

Welcome to TSR btw, enjoy your stay.

To answer your question OP. I'm quite interested in Japan and have been for awhile, from what I've learnt, the Japanese as you know are pretty ignorant of cultures outside their own. But the younger generations can be a lot more open minded and it really is dependent on a lot of factors so definitive answers shouldn't be expected.
    That said I do think the chances are favourable that Japanese guys in countries like here in the UK are probably fairly open minded and affected by the jp culture less intensely so and whilst some will be apprehensive of hijabs, others would probably be fine with it but it's hard for many people because of how different the perceptions can be. Also Hijabi girls tend to give off an "exclusively for Muslims" kind of impression and that might play a significant role in preventing random people consider you however that is pretty good because it'll filter guys who want to get to know you and if you're a friendly and open minded/liberal person and people get this impression from you they'll have no problems befriending you!

Regarding mature, respectful advice.. You don't get much of that for things like the relogion and relationship sections on TSR at present because most users are "inexperienced" themselves and aren't wise enough to offer much. This of course can include myself, especially the experience part.

Tl;dr Don't make the hijab an obstacle since it really isn't, if you like a guy and he's not muslim, whatever race he is, if he's decent and open minded he won't hesitate to develop a relationship with you and neither should you.

PS: there is a tiny Japanese muslim population. It's been around for awhile.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes you're right ^_^ But I just wonder what they think about hijab that's all
    It would make virtually all non-muslim guys be not interested, as they'd assume it was a visual cue to say NO!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ki Yung Na)
    Giver her a break. She asked a simple enough question and so many have either questioned her back or disputed their dislike of her reasoning.. If a religious person did that to you, you'd be quick to say "stop forcing me to believe your religion". This isn't so different.

Anyways she's explained herself and given her reasons for what she wants, so just offer advice as requested please.

Welcome to TSR btw, enjoy your stay.

To answer your question OP. I'm quite interested in Japan and have been for awhile, from what I've learnt, the Japanese as you know are pretty ignorant of cultures outside their own. But the younger generations can be a lot more open minded and it really is dependent on a lot of factors so definitive answers shouldn't be expected.
    That said I do think the chances are favourable that Japanese guys in countries like here in the UK are probably fairly open minded and affected by the jp culture less intensely so and whilst some will be apprehensive of hijabs, others would probably be fine with it but it's hard for many people because of how different the perceptions can be. Also Hijabi girls tend to give off an "exclusively for Muslims" kind of impression and that might play a significant role in preventing random people consider you however that is pretty good because it'll filter guys who want to get to know you and if you're a friendly and open minded/liberal person and people get this impression from you they'll have no problems befriending you!

Regarding mature, respectful advice.. You don't get much of that for things like the relogion and relationship sections on TSR at present because most users are "inexperienced" themselves and aren't wise enough to offer much. This of course can include myself, especially the experience part.

Tl;dr Don't make the hijab an obstacle since it really isn't, if you like a guy and he's not muslim, whatever race he is, if he's decent and open minded he won't hesitate to develop a relationship with you and neither should you.

PS: there is a tiny Japanese muslim population. It's been around for awhile.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww what a nice comment and Thank you for your welcoming :rolleyes:

I'm planning to go to Japan and I hope I will enjoy my stay there.
    This is what I noticed some time ago, young generation is pretty open minded but hijab is not something that even the younger generation used to see, but I will experienced it by myself when I will be out there.

Thank you for your comment, it cheered me up ^o^/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    If you did the cosplay you are definitely an Otaku. That is probably the most Otaku thing you could do.

Well If you say so, I'm an Otaku ^,^

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 14, 2016
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.