Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

To all the short guys... Watch

ReputationRep:
    You do realise that hundreds of years ago 5 ft 8 wasn't short at all?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 6'2 and below 5'10 is short

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zander01)
    You do realise that hundreds of years ago 5 ft 8 wasn't short at all?
    We live in the present

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twisted)
    We live in the present
    The people in the op didn't though... Jesus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Compared to all the people here saying youre a manlet or whatever if youre under 6ft i dont think its a poor post.
    I think they're just taking the piss. The premise of the post is fine, I suppose I should have said poor examples. If there was some examples of successful people of history who were genuinely short then it would be better, I'm sure there's some around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    I am. :flutter: Though I'm not 100% Satanist. I think my views are more a Satanism-humanism-individualism hybrid. Although, Satanism can be considered a humanism-individualism hybrid.

Imagine someone who isn't afraid to indulge in their temptations/desires but still knows their boundaries and holds a strict(ish) moral compass. That's sort of what a Satanist is. They're not devil worshippers. The devil is just a representation of how a person should act, i.e. opposing abstinence and all things oppressive. For example, some religions say don't be selfish at all and always put others before you whereas Satanism encourages you to tend to your selfish desires as long as you're not harming others. The only time you can harm anyone is if someone threatens you ("destroy them" is what one of the Satanic rules says) otherwise you do not touch anyone who isn't a threat to you. It's very "eye for an eye" or "treat others as you would like to be treated". In Satanism you can't let yourself go out of control - you can indulge in whatever you want (as long as it doesn't harm anyone), but you shouldn't let indulgence turn into compulsion. It all comes down to doing what you want to do without harming anyone, especially yourself.

It's a nice "philosophy". I wouldn't go as far as to call it a religion, but I do prefer it to any religion I've come across so far because instead of making you worship some kind of being, you're encouraged to "worship" yourself in the sense that you focus on making yourself a better person. Plus it places more emphasis on equality and not harming others, and it's generally a hell of a lot nicer than religion. One of the other rules is that you don't harm little children. I love that.
    Oh I get it now....LOOOOOOL. I don't think you can call it Satanism though, for example, being selfish is just that, you're being selfish. And going after your desires by having sex before marriage for example, is just that, you're going after your desires. And not harming little children, or not harming an innocent person is just very normal. The law tells us we can't do this, so we don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmlkhn)
    Manlets gonna manlet

Tfw my younger brother is taller than me

Fuu

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol love this comment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Compared to all the people here saying youre a manlet or whatever if youre under 6ft i dont think its a poor post.
    anyone under 6ft is not manlet, manlet i think is anything under 5'7.

ReputationRep:
    Short guys Pahahahaha its unfortunate.

I guess you look much more muscular than taller guys if you both work out the same about and eat the same.
    Other than that, being tall will disqualify you from 95% of African-American women, 60-70% of White women but dw Asian women will take you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm like 5'3, never bothered me.

and I thought UK average was 5'9

ReputationRep:
    manlets need to accept their height and lower their standards because us tall guys will have the cream of the crop of the women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    I'm like 5'3, never bothered me.

and I thought UK average was 5'9
    i'm guessing your bangladeshi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slade p)
    i'm guessing your bangladeshi?
    Pakistani, I'm sure we've had this conversation before man. You're like 6'3 right?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 6' 3'' so this doesn't affect me ... although having said that I know some guys who are under 5' 8 who could literally kill me if they wanted to. Sometimes it's the short guys who are the ones you have to be most cautious of!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    Pakistani, I'm sure we've had this conversation before man. You're like 6'3 right?
    Nah i don't remember you saying what you were but oh ok, i'm 6'2 master race

ReputationRep:
    Short guys are better than tall guys

(saying this as a 5'1" female)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slade p)
    Nah i don't remember you saying what you were but oh ok, i'm 6'2 master race
    ah fair enough, what are you if you don't mind me asking?

this thread would suit my mate. I mean he's like 5'11 but he's always trying to say he's like 6ft 6'2 just makes me lol I mean I don't get what the issue about height is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    I'm 6' 3'' so this doesn't affect me ... although having said that I know some guys who are under 5' 8 who could literally kill me if they wanted to. Sometimes it's the short guys who are the ones you have to be most cautious of!
    thanks. don't mind my height as long as people take me seriously

ReputationRep:
    Do you realise what happened to tall guys who became too big a bully in ye olden days? The shorter guys ganged up on him when he was alone, fishing or something and buried a hatchet in the back of his head. That's why we're not all 6'6" or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    ah fair enough, what are you if you don't mind me asking?

this thread would suit my mate. I mean he's like 5'11 but he's always trying to say he's like 6ft 6'2 just makes me lol I mean I don't get what the issue about height is
    i am indian, and your mate probably wishes he was that height because he knows that's around the perfect height and therefore would be more attractive to girls.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.