Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Dictaphone for recording song covers and possibly Masters lecture notes: advice? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was given an Olympus Dictaphone for my BA from the DSA team, I found it really useful. I was a little experimental with it and in my spare time used it to record my voice to do song covers and put them on SoundCloud. (I'm an amateur singer) That broke about a year ago now, I can't find the original box either and I haven't done any songs since…

So I was wondering what you would recommend? It can be quite expensive since it's a treat for my 22nd/Christmas and it's also intended as a significant confidence boost/deterrent from TSR and the Internet, as part of my New Year Resolutions. So I'm willing to spend up to £120.

Thanks

edit: should I move this to Music or do I have the right sub?

edit2: I only mention Masters offhand, I won't be doing that until 2016 at least, but I'd rather get a decent device to record lectures and seminars on for it than have to buy another one. The BA Dictaphone lasted me 2 and a half years!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.