Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Can I get the hpv vaccine if I'm older and never been sexually active? Watch

I'm 29, female and never been sexually active before. I'm seeing someone and with him being in his 50's and having had lots of sexual partners through his life I'm worried about getting sti's and hpv is quite common. How could I get the hpv vaccine without paying for it?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 29, female and never been sexually active before. I'm seeing someone and with him being in his 50's and having had lots of sexual partners through his life I'm worried about getting sti's and hpv is quite common. How could I get the hpv vaccine without paying for it?

Thanks
    The reason the NHS gives the vaccine free to young people is not because they are massive cheapskates, it's because the vaccine is more effective in young people, give your GP a visit, see what what they say and see if you are viable for it in the first place before worrying about a cost!

good luck

ReputationRep:
    I read the maximum age they give it at is 26 as it becomes less effective after that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Death reports after HPV vaccines have been filed about Gardasil and Cervarix since they were approved in 2006/07. The SaneVax team was shocked when the latest available update from the VAERS (vaccine adverse event reporting system) database revealed 34 death reports after HPV vaccines in a single month. It has been estimated that less than 10% adverse events are reported to VAERS. http://sanevax.org/hpv-vaccines-34-deaths-reported-one-month/

Taken from Dr Tenpenny facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/vaccineinfo?fref=nf

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2015
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.