Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Anyone receive an interview for electronics in February and is there anyone who has done their York interview if so, how was it and what kind of questions are asked. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses.

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Its been a few years since my interview, but I've been one of the student guides for the interview days for a few years now so I have some idea of what happens.

By way of questions, it depends what you're specifically applying for, but odds are you'll be asked a couple of questions about a project/piece of coursework or similar described in your personal statement, along with possibly a maths question (if I were you I'd work out how to do the one in your interview letter if there was one, not that that's a hint!). Don't worry too much about not knowing the answers, the important thing is how you approach the problem rather than knowing everything already, as if you did, why do a degree! It'll be one on one with one of the lecturers who teaches the first year, and potentially someone involved in your area (for example a MusTech lecturer if you applied for Music Technology), last about 20 minutes and there are no trick questions!

The rest of the day will be a tour of the campus and some demos in the department, along with a free lunch!

ReputationRep:
    That sounds good, thanks for your help mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z_97)
    Anyone receive an interview for electronics in February and is there anyone who has done their York interview if so, how was it and what kind of questions are asked. Thanks
    Yep, I just recieved a letter in the post this morning! Which course have you applied for? And have you started preparing yet? Anyway, good luck with the interview!!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.