Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What to buy a guy, first time going to his place Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    Best of luck for your date, take it easy and remember protection!
    lol, :eek: no thank you. But thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaseratiJay)
    Did someone just say skips? Come on now :O

I agree with the above, chocolate should do just fine. If you think candles are best then go for it! I don't see anything wrong with it, especially if you are cooking etc
    Yes casual dating. Its suppose to be casual and fun....

If you were seeing a friend to watch a film with you would bring nibbles.....

Whats being suggested here is some quite romantic ideas. Is this casual dating or am I missing something? If you bring romance into casual dating, emotions develop and someone gets hurt. This is why I was trying to say don't get a gift at all. Bringing nibbles to eat while you are watching a film is contributing not giving a gift.

Even dinner as someones home is beyond casual dating IMO. But each to their own. Ive been through this game a fair few times and that is just my experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam Walters)
    Yes casual dating. Its suppose to be casual and fun....

If you were seeing a friend to watch a film with you would bring nibbles.....

Whats being suggested here is some quite romantic ideas. Is this casual dating or am I missing something? If you bring romance into casual dating, emotions develop and someone gets hurt. This is why I was trying to say don't get a gift at all. Bringing nibbles to eat while you are watching a film is contributing not giving a gift.

Even dinner as someones home is beyond casual dating IMO. But each to their own. Ive been through this game a fair few times and that is just my experience.
    I think we have two different things in mind when we think casual dating. I don't see whats wrong with romance? It's old fashioned courting, where we've just gone on dates. It's not a relationship as of yet. Taking nibbles is fine if we're friends, but even a friend, i'd buy something if I was going to their house for the first time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by germanium)
    I think we have two different things in mind when we think casual dating. I don't see whats wrong with romance? It's old fashioned courting, where we've just gone on dates. It's not a relationship as of yet. Taking nibbles is fine if we're friends, but even a friend, i'd buy something if I was going to their house for the first time.
    I just we have very different definitions of casual dating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam Walters)
    I just we have very different definitions of casual dating.
    What's your definition?

ReputationRep:
    What's your definition?
    In my opinion casual dating and normal dating are similar. However normal dating is the premise the end possibility of you two being together. Casual dating is exactly that. There will not be a resolution like that. Casual dating is more about the fun of it rather then the emotional connection when romance is involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaseratiJay)
    x
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    x
    We ended up making Mini quiche with extra spinach and chilli instead of soup as he doesn't have a blender.

Mozarella and chicken pasta

but I accidentally added like half a pot of chilli flakes so it was crazy spicy.

And we shared dessert: French croissant toast

And I bought Jamie's 15-Minute Meals cookbook Thanks guys
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    x
    Aww, that looks lovely, glad you had a good time!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.