University of Portsmouth VS. University of York

Watch
Mo'
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I know this is an unusual comparison as the Uni of York has a very high reputation compared to the Uni of Portsmouth. However, I am not only taking reputation into account, I'm also taking the night life into consideration. By the way, I have applied for Interactive Media at York and Web Technologies at Portsmouth.
Which university do you think I should choose?
angellayerr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In regards to prestige, probably York, as I'm sure you understand, but having delved into the life of Portsmouth as a uni, taking into accordance accommodation, course, friends, night life etc..I would have to say Portsmouth, I know several people there that thoroughly enjoy Portsmouth, who love the night life, but also love that even if they don't go out there's always something quieter happening. There are a lot of clubs and things to go out to as well as bars, and the SU have something going on every single night pretty much.

Anyway (as you can see I am an avid Portsmouth lover and so therefore am biased towards it, but that's my view)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (31)
36.05%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (9)
10.47%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
4.65%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (24)
27.91%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (12)
13.95%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (6)
6.98%

Watched Threads