Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I know this is an unusual comparison as the Uni of York has a very high reputation compared to the Uni of Portsmouth. However, I am not only taking reputation into account, I'm also taking the night life into consideration. By the way, I have applied for Interactive Media at York and Web Technologies at Portsmouth.
    Which university do you think I should choose?

In regards to prestige, probably York, as I'm sure you understand, but having delved into the life of Portsmouth as a uni, taking into accordance accommodation, course, friends, night life etc..I would have to say Portsmouth, I know several people there that thoroughly enjoy Portsmouth, who love the night life, but also love that even if they don't go out there's always something quieter happening. There are a lot of clubs and things to go out to as well as bars, and the SU have something going on every single night pretty much.

Anyway (as you can see I am an avid Portsmouth lover and so therefore am biased towards it, but that's my view)
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.