So, we're a few days away for the new year and time is running out for making resolutions.
Mine is to keep up going to the gym really
As for next year, well it will be the biggest year of my life so far, but most plans won't be kicking in until after Easter.
1) Graduate with a good grade at university
2) Find summer work as early as possible
3) I'm planning to move abroad to teach in continental Europe again (I worked there for my year abroad (2013-4 academic year)) in the autumn. My application was sent off a few weeks back.
4) If 3) is successful, then in October/November, I will use some of my free time in writing up my PGCE application. I will already have my Skills Test results by the first full week of January, so I will probably not need to sit that again - they last for 3 years before you have to retake.
My hopes - health, happiness and success for each member of my friends and family, as well as myself
What about you guys?
x Turn on thread page Beta
2015 - Your Resolutions, Your Plans & Hopes watch
- Thread Starter
- 28-12-2014 03:37
- Specialist Advisor
- 28-12-2014 03:43
Good luck with the resolutions! x
- 28-12-2014 05:40
1) To try every dominos pizza topping in my first year
- 28-12-2014 06:03
1) Revise more
That is all
- 28-12-2014 06:18
1. Don't die.
2. Don't kill anyone.
- 28-12-2014 08:51
1) Order a Nando's takeaway at lunchtime at school
2) Get a job for longer than a day
3) Not get shouted at by my chemistry teacher
- 28-12-2014 09:08
1. To do my very best on every exam. 2. To work out more regularly with dilligence. 3.To be a better than the person I was last year... D
- 28-12-2014 12:37
Get over my fear of flying and pass my driving test.
Posted from TSR Mobile
- 28-12-2014 13:51
Resolution: Don't screw up my relationship. Lose my last dress size or 10-20lbs. God knows how many lbs a dress size is for me. I can do that last one in less than 2 months if I really wanted to so I'm not really bothered about that. The only resolution that matters to me is not losing my boyfriend!
Hopes/plans: Not lose the boyfriend! And marry him! And have my family accept it so I don't leave home on bad terms. And get through uni this year without dying. And keep my guinea pigs alive at least until the end of the year. And learn to drive. And start getting into the habit of working out every day like I used to. I don't mind becoming addicted again, I just miss working out regularly soooo much! Mostly I hope things don't screw up between me and my family more than they already have. I always knew I'd be the family's screw up, I just never thought that it would affect my relationship with them so badly.
- 28-12-2014 14:40
I think as girly as it sounds, my NY plans would be to get a boyfriend as I haven't been with anyone for a few years.
I become a registered nurse later this year so I always planned to move further a field for a job, because I am unattached and not held down to where I am now.
So bf or no bf i am in the situation where anything could happen!!!Last edited by upagumtree; 28-12-2014 at 14:41. Reason: Situation came out as "sitcom"
- 28-12-2014 14:49
1 Don't **** up AS levels
2 Get a job that doesn't demean me too much (Not McD or Starbucks)
3 Lose weight
4 Get a nice girlfriend
That's in order of importance
- 28-12-2014 14:50
'brace yourselves, NYR threads are coming'.gif
(Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
lift from this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3014279
1a) Continue with my volunteering at a museum and in the classroom, working towards Camp America summer 2015 and a PGCE 2015/6 or 2016/7
b) And/or an MA in English/History
c) Working towards a job
2) With money from said job, afford my bulk and boost fitness/get to <13%. Currently at 150lbs 17%, 160lbs 12% would be dapper
3) Carry on volunteering in this band working towards greater projects, maybe get them on tour. If the band is going nowhere use my experience to get a new one and/or make my own
4) ****ing buy a new Dictaphone, man up and post Ollie Murs and Robbie Williams song covers on Facebook/Soundcloud. Do more singing
5) Carry on learning to cook
6) Gtfo TSR as much and use time to amass through the treasure trove of books/films/video games lol in my room accumulated over the last 3-4 years nicknamed 'fun stuff'
7) Carry on learning how to cook. Aims to be able to do staple meals by end of year: spag bol, lasagne, chilli, pasta dishes, curry, roast dinner, jacket potato etc.
8) Man up and make friends with women in new Beast mode [have been hiding because they sense weakness in male]
9) [2016 goals] driving lessonsLast edited by Smash Bandicoot; 28-12-2014 at 14:52.
- 28-12-2014 14:51
Keep my room clean
Posted from TSR Mobile
- 28-12-2014 16:50
1. Work harder
2. Don't **** my relationship up like I have before
3. Try to help around the house more
- 28-12-2014 16:56
1. Don't get too close to anyone
2. Do well in AS
- 28-12-2014 16:59
1. Pass my A2 exams and get into uni
2. Pass my driving test
- 29-12-2014 22:10
- 29-12-2014 23:22
1. Start driving lessons
2. Begin running (if feasible, my parents won't let me out running alone in the dark so I need to try and persuade someone to join me lol)
That's it. My new year's resolutions are usually things like be more confident or happier but I'm done with all that self-improvement stuff now, it's pointless and just leaves you in a constant state of not good enough just yet which is no way to live.
Happy New Year.
- 29-12-2014 23:34
I don't make new year resolutions, but I'm really hoping for good AS results.