Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am not used to the english system, so please excuse the stupid question.
    I tried to ignore it for a while now, but always when I go running my left upper leg just under the pelvic bone starts hurting. I can still run but when I start walking I can only drag it behind me as I can't move it properly any more.
    I don't want to appear as being someone who runs to see a doctor every time they suspect something could be wrong, but it's just very annoying that I can't walk for a whole day after I went jogging.
    My question was just who do I have to see about that? My GP? Or should I just leave it?

ReputationRep:
    if you have a gp then go see them. it might take you a week or two to get an appointment tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wesetters)
    You should really see your GP, though they'll probably not do anything, it being the UK :rolleyes:

I do unfortunately already have experiences with the NHS...
    However I could go private if it's necessary, I am just not sure whether it is.
    Anyway,thanks for your replies.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the GP, but make sure you go for a run before your appointment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talya)
    Go to the GP, but make sure you go for a run before your appointment!
    haha :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Yes definately, nothing more embarassing than visiting a doctor and finding that your problem isn't there at the moment...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esquire)
    Yes definately, nothing more embarassing than visiting a doctor and finding that your problem isn't there at the moment...
    and the dr wont take you seriously. when i was ill my dr sent me straight to hospital where i sat in a waiting room for 45 mins before throwing up quite spectacularly. as soon as i did that they decided i was actually ill (and *highly* contagous) and was given an isolation room.

ReputationRep:
    lol is vomit contagious?

ReputationRep:

Absolutely true. I had exactly the same problem as the OP, I told my doctor and got referred to a physio. The physio of course couldn't do anything because I couldn't exactly bring on the pain there and then. So frustrating, she said there was no need to go back and it still affects me when I do sport.

ReputationRep:
    lol is vomit contagious?
    depends why your vomiting. i had a rather nast desiese with an unspellable name and they didnt want anyone else to catch it. i would have thought that my drs word would have been enough to make them beleive i was ill tho

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.