1 A* 7 As 2 Bs
    Biology Chemistry Geography Maths
    Doubt I'd get the grades though :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelee_)
    1 A* 7 As 2 Bs
    Biology Chemistry Geography Maths
    Doubt I'd get the grades though :P
    I'm sure that if you work hard you will!
    I am planning on doing Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Geography at A-level. How do you find Biology Chemistry and Geography? Which of the sciences is most difficult?
    Also, which universities are you thinking of applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Hope so...but i kinda didn't finish most of my exams/ rushed at the end
    But I did Edexcel for everything other than Chemstry (OCR) and i didn't love the textbooks, so i'd use getrevising and then use the textbook to add on notes(bio), geography (getrevising) :P With chemistry..even if you know everything you need to know how to write it to suit the mark scheme if that makes sense (so go through past papers). I would say not to prioritize the maths and chemistry etc as i think i would have found it easier to get better grades for geog and biology (and apparently edexcel biology is supposed to be easier- less in depth than others (eg.ocr?). Apparently physics is one of those subjects where if you get it you'll be fine..so just try and ask for help. Watching videos on youtube is great as well.

Geography was supposed to be my ok subject and it was but i blanked out in my exam :/. You don't have as much case studies to memorise as psychology. I think you'd be fine you just need to learn how to structure the esseys. Timing was a problem for a lot of us..

Umm..i'd say i found chemistry the hardest and they're making the science subjects harder too. Some people found the physics exam worse though..

And: Anglia Ruskin, Bradford, Plymouth, Aston and not sure about the other one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelee_)
    Hope so...but i kinda didn't finish most of my exams/ rushed at the end
    But I did Edexcel for everything other than Chemstry (OCR) and i didn't love the textbooks, so i'd use getrevising and then use the textbook to add on notes(bio), geography (getrevising) :P With chemistry..even if you know everything you need to know how to write it to suit the mark scheme if that makes sense (so go through past papers). I would say not to prioritize the maths and chemistry etc as i think i would have found it easier to get better grades for geog and biology (and apparently edexcel biology is supposed to be easier- less in depth than others (eg.ocr?). Apparently physics is one of those subjects where if you get it you'll be fine..so just try and ask for help. Watching videos on youtube is great as well.

Geography was supposed to be my ok subject and it was but i blanked out in my exam :/. You don't have as much case studies to memorise as psychology. I think you'd be fine you just need to learn how to structure the esseys. Timing was a problem for a lot of us..

Umm..i'd say i found chemistry the hardest and they're making the science subjects harder too. Some people found the physics exam worse though..

And: Anglia Ruskin, Bradford, Plymouth, Aston and not sure about the other one
    Thanks.
    Although I plan on doing bio, chem, phys, geography at AS, I will also be doing General studies as its compulsory with my sixth form. So I plan on dropping one of these subjects in the first couple of weeks of college, whichever is hardest.
    I didn't really enjoy Chemistry AS when I went to an induction day so I'm not too sure about chemistry,
    How much work experience do you have related to optometry? how much should an optometry applicant have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STUDYREVISE)
    Thanks.
    Although I plan on doing bio, chem, phys, geography at AS, I will also be doing General studies as its compulsory with my sixth form. So I plan on dropping one of these subjects in the first couple of weeks of college, whichever is hardest.
    I didn't really enjoy Chemistry AS when I went to an induction day so I'm not too sure about chemistry,
    How much work experience do you have related to optometry? how much should an optometry applicant have?
    It's fine as long as you have biology and another science (chem/physics/maths)
    and i'm actually not sure myself but it should be healthcare related. Anything that shows like communication/ teamwork/ critical thinking skills etc. I've dont work experience at a playgroup, boots pharmacy and voluntary work at oxfam and i'm gonna do some work experience at boots opticians (but it's not needed as it's really hard to get one at opticians). I'm also a biology prefect, joined medical society at my school and helped out in yr7 sciece lessons, this yr 7 dissection club thing and i'm going on a 3 day trip with yr 7s. Just try to make yourself seem well rounded i guess.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.