Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Interrail - Where to go? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I am going away for a month in June 2015.

I am now starting to plan my journey....

How did you plan out what you wanted to visit in each country?

Was it a case of going to google and typing in " _______ top attractions?"

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiawill91)
    Hi guys,

I am going away for a month in June 2015.

I am now starting to plan my journey....

Thanks
    likewise you heading as group then:?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    likewise you heading as group then:?

Going on my own

ReputationRep:
    We were starting in Berlin (due to going to a party then) and planned to end up in Barcelona (due to a festival there) so we just looked at the easiest route of cities to visit in between those places. Also, the friend with which I went downloaded some travel apps and we just figured out what we wanted to see whilst in each place and asked at the hostels what the local attractions are. It worked surprisingly well for being so disorganised (other than the fact that she accidentally booked a hotel for the wrong month ).

ReputationRep:
    Going on my own
    grand if yeh wana head as group let me know

ReputationRep:
    I'm going too!!! Wooooo...can't wait for bondi beach else well.. from France-Australia and loads more

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A friend and I went last November, eastern Europe, as neither of us had been that side before. It was kind of spur of the moment. We had a global pass - was the 2 week one, and visited Bulgaria (Sofa), Romania (Bucharest), Hungary (Budapest), Czech (Prague), Poland (Warsaw and Krakow) and ended in Germany (Berlin) where we caught a flight back.

As you can see, it was way too packed, but we still managed it. I suggest you document the journey, i.e. get a gopro and selfie stick, as it'll be one of those things you'll look back in a few years time. Check out my video if you want some inspiration!

For us, fortunately we knew a person in each country (aside from Hungary and Germany), so we didn't make any plans. Since we were also in each country for a short time, we went for the main cities and as such didn't have to plan much in terms of sight-seeing as it was all there. So depends on your length, and if you plan on doing trips within a country to explore the unbeaten path towns and stuff...

ReputationRep:
    the first time I travelled I used the DK eyewitness travel pocket guides which were really good as they are really small but contain a lot of information and a really good map at the back. if you didn't want to spend on these when you arrive at hostels they can give you all sorts of information on where to go and always (in my experience) have maps you can take for free - it means that they also tell you local knowledge which is great. the only thing with waiting till you get to the hostel without a map is that you have to make sure you definetly know how to get to the hostel :P

hope planning goes well!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2015
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.