Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

What do you think will make you truly happy in life? Watch

ReputationRep:

tbh
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Currently it would make me very happy if this stinking flu goes away so that I can revise for my a level mocks in one week

ReputationRep:
    Jesus and my faith in Him. I know this will make me happy, I don't think so. It will also make me full of joy, which is so much deeper than happiness.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittr n swt)
    Lmao youve mentioned your bf way too many times on here.
    If he does leave you then what?

It's a good thing to always have somethin going for you other than a partner....
    :lol: I know! But he's been out of the country for aaaagggeeesss and I miss him! He's constantly on my mind when I don't get to see him/speak to him and my mind gets poured out on TSR, so until he comes back, thoughts of him will get poured out on to TSR.

If he leaves then I die a little inside and carry on with life. Can't do much else. :dontknow: I'll become more focused on uni and becoming a teacher (as I did before he came back into my life), although that's not what I really want out of life. It was just a safety net.

My something other than him is uni and whatever career I can get out of that which fits his lifestyle. He travels a lot for work and I'll be travelling with him so the 9-5 life won't work.

ReputationRep:
    Making a change to the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ngl, getting 10 green gems :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    A good wife and a stable family.

ReputationRep:
    A fairer distribution of wealth to ensure the poorest in society are not being forced to food banks to eat and the elderly can actually afford to heat their homes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    :lol: I know! But he's been out of the country for aaaagggeeesss and I miss him! He's constantly on my mind when I don't get to see him/speak to him and my mind gets poured out on TSR, so until he comes back, thoughts of him will get poured out on to TSR.

If he leaves then I die a little inside and carry on with life. Can't do much else. :dontknow: I'll become more focused on uni and becoming a teacher (as I did before he came back into my life), although that's not what I really want out of life. It was just a safety net.

My something other than him is uni and whatever career I can get out of that which fits his lifestyle. He travels a lot for work and I'll be travelling with him so the 9-5 life won't work.
    Ok then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeceitfulDove)
    Teaching English to speakers of other languages in some town in some warm country with a very small network of friends, a chocolate labrador and a sweet husband in a cosy log cabin in the mountains. That's doable, right? :puppyeyes:
    haha english teaching is it as easy as it seems

I couldve slacked through school and college and done that:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    haha english teaching is it as easy as it seems

I couldve slacked through school and college and done that:P
    Not if you do it right. Rather a naive view you have there.

ReputationRep:
    Not if you do it right. Rather a naive view you have there.
    well explain then...

I have mates that do an english course in uni..have experience sure..and go abroad on trips(fully funded by these people) so lucky.

I mean you do assignments and stuff I imagine but it cant be that hard.the key I imagine is contacts.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    For me it's mainly focused around doing a career that I'm really passionate about, having a decent amount of friends who appreciate my worth, have a strong bond with & that I can share great experiences with. Also it would be nice to one day have a partner to love & have a similar connection to my friends What about you?
    Personally I believe that one must be content and like themselves to be happy. Its therefore no surprise that I'm consistently a pretty happy person.

With that being said there are improvements that could make me even happier. If I could earn a pre tax salary of around 50k, be married and have 3 children who were all pretty successful in their own lives, I'd probably die happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    For me it's mainly focused around doing a career that I'm really passionate about, having a decent amount of friends who appreciate my worth, have a strong bond with & that I can share great experiences with. Also it would be nice to one day have a partner to love & have a similar connection to my friends What about you?
    Being in a romantic relationship with somebody who understands and accepts me for who I am. I think experiencing life's journeys together would be quite special.

To have a career that I enjoy. No dead end jobs that do nothing for my mental wellbeing.

To one day get a dog! :P

ReputationRep:
    well explain then...

I have mates that do an english course in uni..have experience sure..and go abroad on trips(fully funded by these people) so lucky.

I mean you do assignments and stuff I imagine but it cant be that hard.the key I imagine is contacts.
    I'm in my second year of my English degree at the moment my CELTA training starts next month, it's quite a dense and demanding course and there's the added pressure of it being monitored by peeps from Cambrige coming down. I've read a few books in preparation but I am still expecting it to be a challenge. I teach my first hour long lesson alone with 6 other CELTA students and the tutor watching at the back. We've been told that our first lesson will most likely be quite bad as the students coming have very basic English and they've had times when a trainee has tried to explain grammar in a technical way when the student had trouble grasping 'Open the textbook and find exercise 2b, complete with a partner'. I am so excited

I just find language fascinating and I'm gonna put my all into being a great teacher. The schools/academies worth working for ask for a degree+CELTA(or equivalent). I'm after a career in it, not the 'travel while earning money' view people tend to think about when they think of teaching English abroad

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my second year of my English degree at the moment my CELTA training starts next month, it's quite a dense and demanding course and there's the added pressure of it being monitored by peeps from Cambrige coming down. I've read a few books in preparation but I am still expecting it to be a challenge. I teach my first hour long lesson alone with 6 other CELTA students and the tutor watching at the back. We've been told that our first lesson will most likely be quite bad as the students coming have very basic English and they've had times when a trainee has tried to explain grammar in a technical way when the student had trouble grasping 'Open the textbook and find exercise 2b, complete with a partner'. I am so excited

I just find language fascinating and I'm gonna put my all into being a great teacher. The schools/academies worth working for ask for a degree+CELTA(or equivalent). I'm after a career in it, not the 'travel while earning money' view people tend to think about when they think of teaching English abroad
    sounds amazing all right and brilliant ton see such enthusiasm in teachers.especially when what I said seemed very knobbish on reflection

does it have to be a degree related subject or for example could I post pharmacy graduation do CELTA for a year and than do one or two years abroad teaching:?

ReputationRep:
    sounds amazing all right and brilliant ton see such enthusiasm in teachers.especially when what I said seemed very knobbish on reflection

does it have to be a degree related subject or for example could I post pharmacy graduation do CELTA for a year and than do one or two years abroad teaching:?
    Nope, they tend to just want someone educated to degree level, there are students from other degrees doing CELTA with the uni this year. They have to fund it themselves though whereas I only pay £135 of the £1450 fee as I'm on an English degree. It's a fantastic thing to do even for a year or two and if you go to certain countries, you can come back with a huge lump of savings as accommodation is usually provided.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, they tend to just want someone educated to degree level, there are students from other degrees doing CELTA with the uni this year. They have to fund it themselves though whereas I only pay £135 of the £1450 fee as I'm on an English degree. It's a fantastic thing to do even for a year or two and if you go to certain countries, you can come back with a huge lump of savings as accommodation is usually provided.
    dafuuq!:O no fair

jaysus I better keep in touch with you then sounds great! ah do you have fb or whatsapp or whatnot?

ReputationRep:
    i think being around people i love and doing something for a living that i see as fruitful!

ReputationRep:
    Honestly? Having a horse to ride about on, access to books, exercise, and the ability and means to travel/live abroad

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.