Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What did you have for Christmas Dinner? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So, what did YOU have for Christmas Dinner? Traditional turkey? Fancy duck? Can't-be-bothered KFC? Yummy nut roast?

TELL ALL! Lots of details (not just "all the trimmings")

ReputationRep:
    Turkey!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    My family had steak pie with mashed and roast tatties with gravy along with broccoli and sprouts. My mum made me and my bf sirloin steaks with garlic butter with the same vegs and potatoes they had. It was the best dinner I have ever had, let alone just best Christmas dinner.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Turkey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IFAEDU)
    So, what did YOU have for Christmas Dinner? Traditional turkey? Fancy duck? Can't-be-bothered KFC? Yummy nut roast?

People whohave kfc or mcdonalfs or whatever on xmas day must be mad.

ReputationRep:
    Chestnut and vegetable pie, mashed swede and potatoes, carrots, brussel sprouts and homemade mushroom gravy. Then a (non-Christmassy and random!) Moroccan style serpent cake, but filled with spiced pumpkin mixture as we had a pumpkin that needed using up.

ReputationRep:
    I remember mince pies and copious alcohol, not much else...

ReputationRep:
    In my country the tradition is not to eat meat except for fish, so you turkey lovers always surprise me... My family ate salmon, dumplings, pancakes, beetroot soup with mushroom dumplings. And some cakes and the like afterwards
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Turkey, pigs in blankets, roast potatoes, boiled potatoes, parsnips and carrots.

ReputationRep:
    Veggie haggis, carrots and swede, brussel sprouts, roast potato, stuffing and gravy.

ReputationRep:
    Quorn fillet, brussels, carrots, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, stuffing, gravy etc.

I'm a non-meat eater hence the quorn. My mum's stuffing and roasted parsnips are the best things I've ever tasted in life!

ReputationRep:
    Roast parsnips are, indeed, the best! Although, contrary to popular opinion?, I LOVE Brussels too

ReputationRep:
    A couple of pots of microwavable pasta, iirc.

Everywhere is closed on Christmas day, I do not have access to a fridge, freezer or cooker, so water from the fountain and the microwave was my best friend :|

Ah...the joys of being an exchange student, still in the United States over Christmas time....I had a little Christmas eve shopping...at 8.30pm...to get a few pieces of food but, the functional pieces of food were the pasta pots...

KFC and McDonalds and everything like that were closed...

ReputationRep:
    Roast parsnips are, indeed, the best! Although, contrary to popular opinion?, I LOVE Brussels too
    At last, somebody else who loves Brussel Sprouts as much as me! It's about time that they get a positive rep instead of being criticised all time!

ReputationRep:
    I cooked the dinner for the family this year. We had turkey, sage and onion stuffing, cranberry and hazelnut stuffing, pigs in blankets, devils on horseback, rosemary roast potatoes, honey glazed parsnips, sweet potato mash, and sprouts with red onion and crispy bacon bits. Went down well ... tons of leftovers for the next few days too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharmingCat)
    At last, somebody else who loves Brussel Sprouts as much as me! It's about time that they get a positive rep instead of being criticised all time!

Yay What else did you have with your Brussels?

ReputationRep:
    I've always preferred my sprouts to be as plain as possible, so I combined the sweet flavour of honey-roasted parsnips, roast potatoes, carrots (with a drizzle of honey) and a mountain of sausage meat. Worth waiting an entire year for it!

However, I buy sprouts long before and after Christmas, usually the ones on the foot-long sticks that you can pick up for a pound in Asda. The only thing I dislike about sprouts is pulling them off the stick (which the label fails to declare as an intensive workout!) and peeling them: it's a nightmare if I have to touch a dirty, sticky one! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    TURKEY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vmama)
    TURKEY
    ...and...?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I had chicken!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.