Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Why did my ex start calling me a freak and a weirdo? Watch

ReputationRep:
    A few weeks ago I broke up with my ex because he was using a dating site behind my back. Last week I decided to block him on Facebook and move on with my life. I got talking to someone new and it turned out he and my ex knew one another. I was asked not to tell my ex we were speaking though, as they don’t like each other. This new guy told me all the alleged rumours about my ex about leading people on to have sex with them and then leaving them. And also, how he has a **** buddy that he sleeps with twice a week. It made sense considering he began losing interest in me because I wouldn’t have sex with him.

Anyway, I got a random text from my ex saying “You’re speaking to ******** hahahaha!!!!” I didn’t reply. Then, 45 minutes later I get another text that says “I heard you were speaking to him while you were with me, not so loyal after all hey!” Of course, this isn’t true. I left it 24 hours before I replied and I explained exactly when I began speaking to this new guy and what he and another source had told me about apparent rumours. I asked him to leave me alone and to move on with his life.

Straight after I send the text, he text back laughing at me and started calling me a bad freak and a weirdo. He also threw in that he’s met someone else who is 10x better looking than me. Instead of texting I decided to call, but he wouldn’t answer. I just said it looks like I had a lucky escape and then left it at that.

Anybody have any insight as to why he acted the way he did? Thanks for reading.

ReputationRep:
    Because he's your ex. You should stop caring about him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mj2014)
    A few weeks ago I broke up with my ex because he was using a dating site behind my back. Last week I decided to block him on Facebook and move on with my life. I got talking to someone new and it turned out he and my ex knew one another. I was asked not to tell my ex we were speaking though, as they don’t like each other. This new guy told me all the alleged rumours about my ex about leading people on to have sex with them and then leaving them. And also, how he has a **** buddy that he sleeps with twice a week. It made sense considering he began losing interest in me because I wouldn’t have sex with him.

Anyway, I got a random text from my ex saying “You’re speaking to ******** hahahaha!!!!” I didn’t reply. Then, 45 minutes later I get another text that says “I heard you were speaking to him while you were with me, not so loyal after all hey!” Of course, this isn’t true. I left it 24 hours before I replied and I explained exactly when I began speaking to this new guy and what he and another source had told me about apparent rumours. I asked him to leave me alone and to move on with his life.

Straight after I send the text, he text back laughing at me and started calling me a bad freak and a weirdo. He also threw in that he’s met someone else who is 10x better looking than me. Instead of texting I decided to call, but he wouldn’t answer. I just said it looks like I had a lucky escape and then left it at that.

Anybody have any insight as to why he acted the way he did? Thanks for reading.
    Oh wow what an idiot. The reason to why most guys act like that is for attention. And honestly, I'm sure you're way better in terms of looks and personality than his new girl. How old are you?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.