Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I think my best friend likes me and I like him back but too nervous to ask? Watch

(Original post by Clip)
    Thank you for referring this problem to me.

I'm assuming you're both over 18.

I prescribe a 12 pack of Corona and a bottle of vodka.

To be taken once equally amongst both patients.

Wait 90 minutes from initial dosage.

Start talking.

Next patient, please.
    Nope we're 16 ahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I didn't want to ask him upfront in the fear of getting friendzoned
    Yeah and I think that's exactly what he fears too haha.

I think you know what to do yourself because you asked it in the first place - what are some subtler ways of asking if he likes you. I really think you try and take the issue as to finding out whether he does or not into your hands because I think he's too scared to move himself XD

ReputationRep:
    Nope we're 16 ahaha
    Then under no circumstances take my advice - even though I am pretty sure that the legal drinking age in a private residence is 5.

Has he ever given you signs that he likes you back? Or has he ever talked to you about girls that he has fancied in the past?

(Original post by Clip)
    Then under no circumstances take my advice - even though I am pretty sure that the legal drinking age in a private residence is 5.
    It was pretty amazing advice

(Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Yeah and I think that's exactly what he fears too haha.

I think you know what to do yourself because you asked it in the first place - what are some subtler ways of asking if he likes you. I really think you try and take the issue as to finding out whether he does or not into your hands because I think he's too scared to move himself XD
    EEEEEEK so nervous

ReputationRep:
    Just keep flirting with him, make it obvious you like him. Don't ask him out though :afraid:

(Original post by Sir Peter Rabbit)
    Just keep flirting with him, make it obvious you like him. Don't ask him out though :afraid:
    I think I would just chicken out aha.. I doubt I will
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I didn't want to ask him upfront in the fear of getting friendzoned
    If you're ''best friends'' there is a good chance you already are.

ReputationRep:
    I've been in a similar situation twice (the second time was after a shorter friendship though).

The first time ended horrifically. Despite me thinking I knew this person inside and out, he hurt me badly. The second time has worked out so unbelievably well that it was worth the risk of the first scenario happening again. Go for it.
    • Welcome Squad

but you're best friends! me and my best friends act silly together/ flirty/ but it just shows how comfortable we are together! we're best friends therefore there are very little barriers.
    lol, not every friendship with a guy has to be romantic and the one with your guy might not be.

ReputationRep:
    A guy gets out of the friendzone after two years!

Is that you Chandler?

(Original post by fabulasmic)
    I've been in a similar situation twice (the second time was after a shorter friendship though).

The first time ended horrifically. Despite me thinking I knew this person inside and out, he hurt me badly. The second time has worked out so unbelievably well that it was worth the risk of the first scenario happening again. Go for it.
    What happened the second time?

(Original post by Eboracum)
    A guy gets out of the friendzone after two years!

Is that you Chandler?
    I'm a girl

ReputationRep:
    If you are both fairly 'hot', I'd wager 50/50 that he likes you back.

ReputationRep:
    What happened the second time?
    He took me out for dinner, asked me to be his girlfriend, and we have been really happy ever since! He is without exaggeration the kindest person I have ever met and the one I have the most fun with

(Original post by fabulasmic)
    He took me out for dinner, asked me to be his girlfriend, and we have been really happy ever since! He is without exaggeration the kindest person I have ever met and the one I have the most fun with
    Do you mind if I PM you about this?

ReputationRep:
    Ask him in a flirty way who he likes and look him in the eye or something, if he asks who you like just admit it while smiling at him in a innocent, flirty way.

ReputationRep:
    He does flirt back but when my mate said to him that we would make a cute couple he blushed and kept on saying we didn't
    Definately a lie. Ask him out. Trust me I know.

(Original post by Daveishere)
    Definately a lie. Ask him out. Trust me I know.
    Why are you so sure?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 2015
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.