Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    What if you have no work experience. Do we right that or leave it..
    Is that bad for the statement

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    *write.

And don't write down you don't have any. Replace it with any other relevant activities that show your interest.

I wouldn't include that on my PS. Perhaps make some effort and get WE.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am trying to get work experience but it is hard. There's none available. Can students apply for law firms and how?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhana787)
    Yeah I am trying to get work experience but it is hard. There's none available. Can students apply for law firms and how?
    Of course you can! But not for a job. Best way to do it would be to write them a letter asking whether you can have a week of work experience (I'm not an expert though, so check with someone who is).

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay. But I am a college student. Is that still okay? Do I have to see my career advisor for this or am I supposed to go to a law firm and request it there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay. But I am a college student. Is that still okay? Do I have to see my career advisor for this or am I supposed to go to a law firm and request it there?
    Yup. Since you're in college you can't apply for a real job, but you can definitely request work experience. You can speak to your career advisor on how to do this

ReputationRep:
    Okay I will do. Thanks for your help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    What if you have no work experience. Do we right that or leave it..
    Is that bad for the statement

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you're applying for a law degree then you're applying for an ACADEMIC degree. It does not entitle you to practice law in any way and does not lead automatically to a legal career.

Have a read of http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...tement_for_Law for ideas on what to include - the work experience section included there is optional

ReputationRep:
    Okaay thank you. That will help a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.