Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Calling all girls for advice Watch

ReputationRep:
    There is a girl I really like and have had a huge crush on since I met her first day at sixth form. She did not have a boyfriend when I met her but got one a few weeks later. I would say I'm in the friendzone but I keep feeling like I'm getting mixed signals from her. She doesn't text me first but when I text her she is really interested asks me a lot of questions and uses emojis and she uses the winky one a lot. She texted me happy birthday instead of on my fb wall and whenever she texts me she males the words longer like happyyyy birthdayyy! She also has a nickname for me. She lightly punches me in school when she sees me and says heyy. She also bumps into me by accident like brushing herself onto me and smiles and says hey. She likes all my instagram photos as well. Thing is I'm really confused is she being friendly or flirty and wants the attention? I really really really like her and should've told her before she got a boyfriend. I have to pretend like it doesn't affect me but inside it kills me to see her with somebody else

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    tl;dr but can see from the vibe that she wants the D.

ReputationRep:
    Tl;dr? What does that mean

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatOneLegendAdz)
    Tl;dr? What does that mean

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Too long, didn't read. Laziness really

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There is a girl I really like and have had a huge crush on since I met her first day at sixth form. She did not have a boyfriend when I met her but got one a few weeks later. I would say I'm in the friendzone but I keep feeling like I'm getting mixed signals from her. She doesn't text me first but when I text her she is really interested asks me a lot of questions and uses emojis and she uses the winky one a lot. She texted me happy birthday instead of on my fb wall and whenever she texts me she males the words longer like happyyyy birthdayyy! She also has a nickname for me. She lightly punches me in school when she sees me and says heyy. She also bumps into me by accident like brushing herself onto me and smiles and says hey. She likes all my instagram photos as well. Thing is I'm really confused is she being friendly or flirty and wants the attention? I really really really like her and should've told her before she got a boyfriend. I have to pretend like it doesn't affect me but inside it kills me to see her with somebody else

Posted from TSR Mobile
    'i'm in the friendzone'

...you actually think that such thing exists...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dis0rder)
    'i'm in the friendzone'

...you actually think that such thing exists...?
    Can confirm that such a place exists.

ReputationRep:
    She clearly is showing signs of flirtation but she may just naturally be a flirty character so I hate to break it to you but it may mean little to nothing. Speaking from a female point of view some girls (often without thinking or real cruel intention) flirt with those they know they can, it's a fun yet 'harmless' thing to do. I would say to tell her how you feel and quite trying to read her for now- seems painful; however make it seriously clear that you liked her before she had a bf, if she likes you back she may break it off with him, the longer you leave it the more serious her relationship with the bf will get and the less significant you will become.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Quit*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She doesn't sound flirty from what you've said. Just friendly.

If she starts touching you constantly and looking into your eyes (in an almost seductive manner), then glancing at you randomly when you are apart, and maybe the occasional flirty remark.
    That's when she COULD be interested.

~~ I have a penis btw, sorry if that nullifies my insight haha

ReputationRep:
    I heard a scream for help and here I am!! (lol)

I think she's being friendly
    But there's always hope.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks it's just sooo hard to tell her I really don't want to lose her if I tell her I have feelings for her

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The thing that makes it so hard is her boyfriend is one of my close friends and I don't think he has any idea I really like her

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The thing that makes it so hard is her boyfriend is one of my close friends and I don't think he has any idea I really like her

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There will be more girls you'll like, just don't go and risk ruining a great friendship.

ReputationRep:
    It's just so hard to watch her be with someone else I need to know if she even feels or had feelings for me in the past

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You've been friendzoned pal. Only way is end the friendship and never speak to her again. Tough at first but eases off.

ReputationRep:
    It's just so hard to watch her be with someone else I need to know if she even feels or had feelings for me in the past

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldn't ask a girl things like that when she's in a relationship, especially when it's your other friend who is the boyfriend. It would be more than awkward for all three of you.

Either wait it out and act as if nothing's the matter (you'll probably get over it eventually), leave them/take a break from being around them, or tell her how you feel & ask her if she ever felt the same way.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just so confused if I keep acting like it doesn't affect me she'll think I'm not interested anyway. I'm just so lost

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm just so confused if I keep acting like it doesn't affect me she'll think I'm not interested anyway. I'm just so lost

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hope you don't mind me asking but how old are the three of you?
    I mean, do you go to school/college/ ect.

ReputationRep:
    We're all 17 all at school year 12 sixth form at a grammar school in the UK

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    the dragging out of words means literally nothing, i do it to seem less formal with all my friends

idk its just the sort of thing girls do when they're being a lil bit flirty but not neccecerallyw ith it meaning anything, just a bit of fun

(that was explained horribly sorry)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.