Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Marxist perspective of the family: Inheritance of property? (dont understand) Watch

ReputationRep:
    With the Marxist perspective I get what they mean about Ideological functions and unit of consumption but no matter what text book I look in it doesnt explain inheritance of property well. Can someone please explain it- i'll give a rep to the best answer

ReputationRep:
    If they could, they'd have a 100% IHT. Marxists want everyone on equal-footing (i.e. everyone at poverty level) and see people as individual units of labour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HigherMinion)
    If they could, they'd have a 100% IHT. Marxists want everyone on equal-footing (i.e. everyone at poverty level) and see people as individual units of labour.
    No you miss read the question, I'm not asking for Marxist beliefs, I know that. I want to know what they mean by the inheritance of property as a benefit to capitalist class

Tanx for the reply anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tj789)
    No you miss read the question, I'm not asking for Marxist beliefs, I know that. I want to know what they mean by the inheritance of property as a benefit to capitalist class

Tanx for the reply anyway
    It should be obvious from that phrase. People are encouraged to hoard resources for the benefit of their kin, and disregard everyone else. Unless I misunderstand the question again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HigherMinion)
    It should be obvious from that phrase. People are encouraged to hoard resources for the benefit of their kin, and disregard everyone else. Unless I misunderstand the question again.
    I would like a lil bit more explanation but get where you're coming from. Dont matter tanx

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.