Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

currently, i'm in high school in Poland, but i'm going to apply to universities in your country. I'm torn between choosing Bristol and Leeds. To be honest the thing i'm intrested the most is all charges i will have to pay. That's why i'm wondering which of these two univerisites (or maybe which of these two cities) are cheaper ? I heard amazing opinions about both, that's why it is my main criterion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nowacki)
    Hi everyone,

currently, i'm in high school in Poland, but i'm going to apply to universities in your country. I'm torn between choosing Bristol and Leeds. To be honest the thing i'm intrested the most is all charges i will have to pay. That's why i'm wondering which of these two univerisites (or maybe which of these two cities) are cheaper ? I heard amazing opinions about both, that's why it is my main criterion.
    I don't know about tuition fees, but in terms of the cost of living, leeds is cheaper - as most northern cities are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nowacki)
    Hi everyone,

Surely as an EU student the fees for tuition are the same as for british students ie listed against the course on line. As for accommodation I know Leeds have their rent for student accommodation online too.

Finally, there are a significant number of polish immigrant workers and families in Leeds, so if you are homesick for certain foods and culture you would find this readily accessible locally. I don't know Bath unfortunately, but I think you would be happy in Leeds.

I do agree that Leeds is very likely cheaper than Bath too, for day to day living expenses and possibly social life.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies. Sure, that's why I finally chose Leeds, Sheffield and Bristol.

ReputationRep:
    I have recently applied for Economics and Politics at both these unis but i'm not sure which uni to pick. I know that the nightlife in leeds is meant to be amazing but do the graduate prospects of Bristol outweigh this???

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.