Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Best and worst signings of the season so far? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Worst: Di Maria and Falcao.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Bump, any updates to this now the season is all but over?

Going to put Cresswell, Bojan, Can, Bertrand, Fabregas, Sanchez and Herrera in the 'good' category.

Falcao, Mangala, Balotelli, Lovren and everyone QPR signed are the worst.
    Alderweireld in the good for sure. Andy Robertson at Hull, too.

ReputationRep:
    Best:
    Costa
    Colback
    Fabianski
    Lescott
    Bojan

Worst:
    Di Maria
    Jutkiewicz
    Filipe Luis
    Lovren
    Balotelli
    Mangala
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RESS1804)
    Best:
    Costa
    Colback
    Fabianski
    Lescott
    Bojan

Worst:
    Di Maria
    Jutkiewicz
    Filipe Luis
    Lovren
    Balotelli
    Mangala
    Jutkiewicz was a Championship player signed for £1.25m as an upfront fee. Fair enough, he hasn't exactly delivered, but he hasn't been atrocious and doesn't really deserve a tag of one of the worst signings of the season.

Interestingly, though, Burnley had a touch of genius in signing Boyd. Great influence on their relegation battle.

ReputationRep:
    It may be harsh to call him one of the worst signings of the season but he was one of Burnley's most expensive signings and rarely starts now and will play even less now Vokes is back. £1.25 million is a lot of money to a club like Burnley.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RESS1804)
    It may be harsh to call him one of the worst signings of the season but he was one of Burnley's most expensive signings and rarely starts now and will play even less now Vokes is back. £1.25 million is a lot of money to a club like Burnley.
    Agreed. Could've been worse, though, when Cardiff were spunking £7m on Cornelius last summer, or Ulloa's cost to Leicester.

ReputationRep:
    Worst
    Mario Balotelli
    Falcao
    Wilfried Bony

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Jutkiewicz was a Championship player signed for £1.25m as an upfront fee. Fair enough, he hasn't exactly delivered, but he hasn't been atrocious and doesn't really deserve a tag of one of the worst signings of the season.

Interestingly, though, Burnley had a touch of genius in signing Boyd. Great influence on their relegation battle.
    Jutkiewicz wasn't good enough for the championship and most Boro fans were glad to see that back of him. So it was surprising to see him go to a Premier League club. Although I would like to see Burnley stay up as I'm always one for the underdogs.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure Juke was only ever signed to be back up, he was never going to start every game and score goals. It's like Liverpool and Lambert.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Pretty sure Juke was only ever signed to be back up, he was never going to start every game and score goals. It's like Liverpool and Lambert.
    Or United and Falcao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Jutkiewicz wasn't good enough for the championship and most Boro fans were glad to see that back of him. So it was surprising to see him go to a Premier League club. Although I would like to see Burnley stay up as I'm always one for the underdogs.
    This was the view I had of him. He is ok, not terrible but I wouldn't have him as back up in the prem. thought he'd go to another top six championship club tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Best: D.Costa
    Alderwield
    Alexis (him or Cesc)

Worst: Falcao
    Di Maria
    Debuchy (him or Mangala)

Shout outs to Balo, Cuadrado, Filipe Luis, Hatem Ben Arfa and Lukaku

ReputationRep:
    Best: Emre Can, Montero, Forster

Worst: Falcao, Di Maria, Mangala, Fazio

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk 2

ReputationRep:
    Best:
    Costa
    Cresswell
    Alderweireld
    (honourable mentions to Can, Colback, Tadic, Bertrand, Herrera, Sigurdsson)

Worst:
    Balotelli
    Lovren
    Falcao
    (honourable mentions to Lallana, Lambert, Bony, Felipe Luis, Rodwell)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The Filipe Luis hate is quite undeserved imo.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. Could've been worse, though, when Cardiff were spunking £7m on Cornelius last summer, or Ulloa's cost to Leicester.
    8m is a drop in the water for our owners and given he's got 9/10 goals in about 20 starts, he looks pretty good value for money, so that's a pretty poor example

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    8m is a drop in the water for our owners and given he's got 9/10 goals in about 20 starts, he looks pretty good value for money, so that's a pretty poor example

Posted from TSR Mobile
    7 goals in 20 starts. Five of which came before mid-September when you were on a decent run. He got a consolation against Villa and Spurs respectively since then. Hardly good value for money when the likes of Ings, Austin are bagging regularly.

ReputationRep:
    Or United and Falcao.
    You telling me that United intended on signing a world class striker on 300k a week to sit on the bench?

ReputationRep:
    Best

Alexis
    Cesc
    Bojan
    Tadic

Worst

Falcao
    Lovren
    Shaw
    Di marian

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonborn10)
    Best: Emre Can, Montero, Forster

Worst: Falcao, Di Maria, Mangala, Fazio

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk 2
    Lol i forgot about Fazio. He's a myth

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.