Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Best and worst signings of the season so far? Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    7 goals in 20 starts. Five of which came before mid-September when you were on a decent run. He got a consolation against Villa and Spurs respectively since then. Hardly good value for money when the likes of Ings, Austin are bagging regularly.
    Include cup and that he's been feeding on scraps most of the season. 10 goals in 22 starts (got a goal against Liverpool too - if Kane gets to claim the one that was going so far wide that he was going to score at the emirates then ulloa can claim a slight deflection off the keeper) is pretty good for a relegation-battling side.

Just as a point - he's got a shot conversion ratio of roughly 26%, better than Austin (13%) or even Kane (23%). Give him chances and he'll score

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    You telling me that United intended on signing a world class striker on 300k a week to sit on the bench?
    That was the joke, mate.

ReputationRep:
    Best :
    Sanchez
    Forster (Dark horse imo)
    Costa

Worst :
    Markovic
    Ballotelli
    Falcao/Di maria tied

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichuAtDeGeaBa)
    Best :
    Sanchez
    Forster (Dark horse imo)
    Costa

Worst :
    Markovic
    Ballotelli
    Falcao/Di maria tied
    Come on, Markovic worse than Lovren?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Come on, Markovic worse than Lovren?

Guess I forgot about Lovren!

ReputationRep:
    Best :
    Sanchez
    Forster (Dark horse imo)
    Costa

Worst :
    Markovic
    Ballotelli
    Falcao/Di maria tied
    Markovic? Are you serious?

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonborn10)
    Markovic? Are you serious?

He hasn't really shown much signs of potential, other than his raw pace. As a footballer he looks horrid!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    7 goals in 20 starts. Five of which came before mid-September when you were on a decent run. He got a consolation against Villa and Spurs respectively since then. Hardly good value for money when the likes of Ings, Austin are bagging regularly.
    Maybe not, but he's hardly in the same category as Cornelius, Akinbyi, Mitroglou or Danny Graham who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Considering it's his first ever season in top flight football he's done alright tbh.

ReputationRep:
    He hasn't really shown much signs of potential, other than his raw pace. As a footballer he looks horrid!
    Its his first season in the BPL, he's only like 20 and he's been playing out of position from the start of the year (as a RWB). Nonetheless, he has showed his potential in several games. Remember the one in the Stadium of Light where he scored the winner early on, hit the crossbar with a cracker and was overall fantastic. Also the games vs Basel (well it didn't last long but he changed the tempo) and Spurs showed what he can do when played forward. Surely he hasn't set the world on fire yet, but to suggest that he's one of the worst singings of the season is not fair at all!

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Maybe not, but he's hardly in the same category as Cornelius, Akinbyi, Mitroglou or Danny Graham who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Considering it's his first ever season in top flight football he's done alright tbh.
    I don't disagree, but with players like Ings/Austin proving they have the ability to win matches, Ulloa hasn't really. Money could have been better spent imho.

Poll
Do you prefer hot dogs or burgers?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.