Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Ok I've just done my mock gcse exams and I get the results the second day back in January. I'm supposed to be one of the A* students with all but one of my expected grades being a/a* (b for Rs). I know that I'm going to be far away from these results in my mocks and I'm thinking maybe Cs and even maybe Ds for some subjects... If this is the case will any of my subject teachers say anything? Will my head of year speak to me?! (Basically do the same thing as head of years but for a 3rd of the school, we also have a head of pastoral care) will my form tutor speak to me?! Or do you think they will just ignore it because I am known to be a very hardworking student? Will they be cross?
    Anybody else got experience of how schools deal with underachievement in mocks?!

ReputationRep:
    I think they would be more likely to give you extra support, if anything. That's what happened at my school with a few subjects.
    As you've said, you're a hardworking student, so I can't imagine that they would be cross with you. Also, at this point, you may still get better results than you're expecting. At GCSE, it isn't impossible to move up several grades between now and June.
    Basically, don't worry about it! Create your own plan of action about how to improve, and that will make you feel a tad better about the results too

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry at all bro. GCSE is very easy to catch up bro. For GCSE I got 1 A*, 6 A's and 6 B's.

For A-level am doing Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Economics.

For my mocks I got a D for Maths, D for Biology, E for Chemistry and a C for economics.

Wait till you get to A-level its going to be much more content and work to do. For A-level you can't do last minute revision its impossible.

A-level is much more important than GCSE. I need to get straight A's in my A-levels to get into medicine! It will be tough!

Dont worry about GCSE!

ReputationRep:
    hello, i'm still in Yr 11 but i'm considering taking the same A-level as you.. but i'm kinda unsure about taking Economics because i didn't do it as a GCSE, how are you finding the course? is it really diffcult?.. would you recommand me taking it as an A-level even if i didn't do it at GCSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When i did my mocks a year ago i came out with similar results and i found it all depends on the teacher some felt the need to be rude about it others knew i could sort it out myself so i guess i kind of depends on the teacher. I'm sure you have done better thank you think though
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Babyoleg)
    Ok I've just done my mock gcse exams and I get the results the second day back in January. I'm supposed to be one of the A* students with all but one of my expected grades being a/a* (b for Rs). I know that I'm going to be far away from these results in my mocks and I'm thinking maybe Cs and even maybe Ds for some subjects... If this is the case will any of my subject teachers say anything? Will my head of acheivement speak to me?! (Basically do the same thing as head of years but for a 3rd of the school, we also have a head of pastoral care) will my form tutor speak to me?! Or do you think they will just ignore it because I am known to be a very hardworking student? Will they be cross?
    Anybody else got experience of how schools deal with underachievement in mocks?!
    Only you'll know yourself I think, since we don't know you or your teachers But I don't think you should worry I imagine a few others may underachieve too :yep: At most they'll probably just ask you about it and give extra support, I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezme39)
    I think they would be more likely to give you extra support, if anything. That's what happened at my school with a few subjects.
    As you've said, you're a hardworking student, so I can't imagine that they would be cross with you. Also, at this point, you may still get better results than you're expecting. At GCSE, it isn't impossible to move up several grades between now and June.
    Basically, don't worry about it! Create your own plan of action about how to improve, and that will make you feel a tad better about the results too
    Thank you. I will just need to see what I get... I don't think they would necessarily be cross at me as an individual... But I was wondering whether one teacher eg my form tutor would ask me and try to help me...
    I didn't have a lot of time to revise for mocks because they were still giving out homework and I had some coursework which needed to be done at home... So for the real things I am going to do a revision timetable and stick to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Solid)
    Don't worry at all bro. GCSE is very easy to catch up bro. For GCSE I got 1 A*, 6 A's and 6 B's.

For my mocks I got a D for Maths, D for Biology, E for Chemistry and a C for economics.

Wait till you get to A-level its going to be much more content and work to do. For A-level you can't do last minute revision its impossible.

A-level is much more important than GCSE. I need to get straight A's in my A-levels to get into medicine! It will be tough!

Dont worry about GCSE!
    I'm aware of how hard A level is and I'm really worried about it especially because of how hard I am finding gcse.. I don't even have a clue what a levels to take... And I don't even do last minute revision for gcse when I can...
    Oooh medicine! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliott98)
    When i did my mocks a year ago i came out with similar results and i found it all depends on the teacher some felt the need to be rude about it others knew i could sort it out myself so i guess i kind of depends on the teacher. I'm sure you have done better thank you think though
    Thank you. I hope that I have done better than I think... I hope no teacher is rude to me... Tbh I kinda wish that my head of year would see and then ask to speak to me so that I would have somebody to speak to.. Because I do feel that I need a bit of help...

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I hope that I have done better than I think... I hope no teacher is rude to me... Tbh I kinda wish that my head of year would see and then ask to speak to me so that I would have somebody to speak to.. Because I do feel that I need a bit of help...
    Yeah my science teachers were horrible to me last year but tbh it just made me want to prove them wrong! Yeah you should speak to your tutor hopefully they can help you or someone else perhaps a teacher if your tutor was a bad as mine !

(Original post by Agent Solid)

Dont worry about GCSE!
    Hi Agent Solid, I want to study medicine too, I am in year 11. I have 4 months left until the exam. Do you think that is enough to improve and get at least 3 or 4 A*? I got two As, three Bs, three Cs and one C in my mock. Do you think I can improve?

ReputationRep:
    Ok I've just done my mock gcse exams and I get the results the second day back in January. I'm supposed to be one of the A* students with all but one of my expected grades being a/a* (b for Rs). I know that I'm going to be far away from these results in my mocks and I'm thinking maybe Cs and even maybe Ds for some subjects... If this is the case will any of my subject teachers say anything? Will my head of year speak to me?! (Basically do the same thing as head of years but for a 3rd of the school, we also have a head of pastoral care) will my form tutor speak to me?! Or do you think they will just ignore it because I am known to be a very hardworking student? Will they be cross?
    I wouldn't worry yet! I got a D in my History mock exam, I picked my act up and revised like mad for the exams and got 189/190. It's definitely doable.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.