Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I managed to get a D at the end of the year after missing nearly 50% of the year so if you're in every lesson you should be fine. Trust me when I say its difficult to catch up! Have to do AS and A2 at the same time this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonwinner)
    You're 10% wrong on all of them. It's actually roughly 40% for an E, 50% D, 60% C, 70% B, 80% A, and 90% A*.
    I was also just about too point out this mistake

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Solid)
    Here we can discuss our mocks that we done for A-levels or any mocks coming up. So far I got:

D for Maths, D for Biology, E for Chemistry and C for economics.

Does anyone think that I can get all four A's for AS by the end of this year? Is there enough time?
    Man my parents hate me now man, they had such high expectations of me!
    I need to get into medicine!
    Okay relax! Yes you can get 4 A's if you put the work in. You have 5 months! and a week left till the end of the holidays. I think You should spend this week extremely wisely and catch up on as much as possible. Then ask your teachers if you can re-sit your mock.Honestly you can do all the past papers in the world but the pressure of a teacher marking(in the real thing an examiner) is very different to marking your own stuff. I suggest you make a time table for the rest of the week and do some really hardcore revision, when you get back you will be able to learn all the other stuff better. I am kind of in your shoes and from tomorrow I am going to be eating my books seriously buckle down and you will be fine. I do chemistry to btw and you getting an E doesn't mean your stupid it just means you have gaps in your knowledge, go back a fill the gaps and you will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    How do you even get an E?

Like did you go into the exam with 0 lessons or prep?
    Why do you feel the need to say this? Is it to boost you ego?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by German123)
    Why do you feel the need to say this? Is it to boost you ego?
    It's curiosity. And easier to ask someone online than someone irl, wouldn't want to hurt their feelings.

With the Internet, you take everything with a pinch of salt.

ReputationRep:
    It's curiosity. And easier to ask someone online than someone irl, wouldn't want to hurt their feelings.

With the Internet, you take everything with a pinch of salt.

Well by the looks of it the person’s feelings have alreadybeen hurt. Whether you say stuff online or irl it still matters.

ReputationRep:
    Well by the looks of it the person’s feelings have alreadybeen hurt. Whether you say stuff online or irl it still matters.
    I think they took it quite well. I apologise

I just can't comprehend it

ReputationRep:

I guess we all say stuff without thinking and knowing the gravity.

Edit: "A wise man speaks because he has something valid to say but a fool will only speak to say something invalid."

ReputationRep:
    I guess we all say stuff without thinking and knowing the gravity.

Edit: "A wise man speaks because he has something valid to say but a fool will only speak to say something invalid."
    That's not the real quote

ReputationRep:
    That's not the real quote
    I Know

ReputationRep:

C'mon your school didn't have any people with less than easy A*s? Surely even you felt that A level was considerably harder than GCSEs which not everyone passes.

ReputationRep:
    i went through many lessons. I know many more who have got worse than me. A-level exams are harder than GCSE. To get a U you have to reach 40%, then an E is 50%, a D is 60%, a C is 70%, a B is 80%, an A is 90% and an A* is usually 98%.

you have to score quite high inorder to get an A* for A2.

I got an E for the mock. I know someone who got straight U's upto march, and then he got four A's at the end of the year. It aint impossible!
    YOU CANNOT just turn up to lessons like you can at GCSE, which were easy af and get a A*. Our Biology teacher, Mr. Thorne says that you can remember about 20% of it, meaning that you have to revise things over and over at home; don't expect to have a life in sixth form, or YOU WILL FAIL. And remember ARBEIT MACHT FREIS

ReputationRep:
    Here we can discuss our mocks that we done for A-levels or any mocks coming up. So far I got:

D for Maths, D for Biology, E for Chemistry and C for economics.

Does anyone think that I can get all four A's for AS by the end of this year? Is there enough time?
    Man my parents hate me now man, they had such high expectations of me!
    I need to get into medicine!

"Winners are too busy to be sad
    too positive to be doubtful
    too optimistic to be fearful
    and too determied to be defeated"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    YOU CANNOT just turn up to lessons like you can at GCSE, which were easy af and get a A*. Our Biology teacher, Mr. Thorne says that you can remember about 20% of it, meaning that you have to revise things over and over at home; don't expect to have a life in sixth form, or YOU WILL FAIL. And remember ARBEIT MACHT FREIS
    I'd disagree about the 20% thing especially in maths where it builds up, but I agree in principle. The working in frees thing x100. I only started this year and it's amazing how much free time I have at home now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TVIO)
    I'd disagree about the 20% thing especially in maths where it builds up, but I agree in principle. The working in frees thing x100. I only started this year and it's amazing how much free time I have at home now.
    Well perhaps not 20% but I remember it sounded scary
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    How do you even get an E?

Like did you go into the exam with 0 lessons or prep?
    :rofl: Fish doesn't play well with others

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TVIO)
    C'mon your school didn't have any people with less than easy A*s? Surely even you felt that A level was considerably harder than GCSEs which not everyone passes.
    Easy A*s? What do you mean?

I understand Ds and Cs,Bs and As. Just don't understand what happens when people get Es.

Or Us.

ReputationRep:
    Easy A*s? What do you mean?

I understand Ds and Cs,Bs and As. Just don't understand what happens when people get Es.
    And what do you mean by "or us"

Or Us.
    Do you understand that someone could have the same knowledge as someone with a D but get 1 mark off a D simply by wording one of the answers differently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frances98)
    Do you understand that someone could have the same knowledge as someone with a D but get 1 mark off a D simply by wording one of the answers differently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmmmm... Not really, because wording doesn't drop you down to an E

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm... Not really, because wording doesn't drop you down to an E
    It could if you were borderline E/D and you missed out one of the few key words you know!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.