Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Help me lose weight! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)
    ive literally never seen this happen in real life srs, nobody cares what strangers are doing when they're walking down the street it is all in your head, tbh sounds more like you're making up excuses to not have to exercise, lettuce be reality the only person you're screwing over is yourself, I gave you all the information you need to get started now it's up to you to follow my advice. If you can't run then an hour's fast walking first thing in the morning while eating at bmr is fine and the weight will drop off, the the question is Do you want to stay fat? yes or no? how badly do you want it? because that's what it comes down to, I'm done sugar coating it because you'll eat that too.
    Harsh but fair.

I do think that my depression and anxiety is the reason I worry that everyone will be laughing at me, I just need to get past that and actually do something about this.

I don't really think that last comment was necessary

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Use MyFitnessPal, it helped me a lot. Just be fair about it, weigh everything. For a few days you can just input everything you eat - see how much you're actually eating! Then look at the data and think what you could eat less of without feeling deprived? Which portions you could make smaller? For the beginning just try to eat less than you're used to - if you should eat 1400 to get slimmer, well, don't think about it yet. If you're eating 3000, try to scale it down to 2800 for a week. Then 2600 etc. Do it using small steps; they can be so small they will seem dumb and you might even start to want to work harder yourself! This way will be more sustainable - if you try to, following my example, go from 3000 to 1400 in a day, it will hurt, you will feel bad and you will go back to your bad habits quick.
    I lost like 50 pounds with and without MFP so if you want to talk some more you can PM me

ReputationRep:
    Just make your meals as before....

but then throw half in the bin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Just make your meals as before....

but then throw half in the bin.
    :lol: that seems like a bit of a waste

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    :lol: that seems like a bit of a waste

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it's better than having a bit of a waist

ReputationRep:
    it's better than having a bit of a waist
    *rimshot*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so 30 minutes walking is all Id need every day? I was expecting that im so fat Id have to spend hours at the gym. I really hope you're right and people don't laugh at me, I look horrendous

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely enough to start off with, you can go on to jogging when you feel ready. You can do 30 minutes of cardio 6x a week and lose a lot of weight, but you must be consistent. People really don't laugh at fat people at the gym, it's a common misconception people tend to have, in reality everybody just does their own thing.

ReputationRep:
    as the previous poster said, don't worry at all about other people at the gym.

there are some serious salad dodgers at my gym who would make you look like Pippa Middleton

ReputationRep:
    as the previous poster said, don't worry at all about other people at the gym.

there are some serious salad dodgers at my gym who would make you look like Pippa Middleton
    Surely your second sentence cancels out your first. You obviously do notice overweight people at the gym and you made a joke about them :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Try workouts you could do at home, there are plenty on youtube. My favourites are Tiffany Rothe and Fitness Blender

ReputationRep:
    Surely your second sentence cancels out your first. You obviously do notice overweight people at the gym and you made a joke about them :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i tried to help :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    I'll try the water thing :yep: can you still take omega 3 pills if you're allergic to fish?

Yeah being as short as I am sucks I know I need to exercise but I can't afford the gym, and my asthma makes running difficult

Right, I guess im gonna have to find some form of exercise im not absolutely awful at

But if I walk at anything more than a normal walking pace then people will see me waddling along the street and laugh or make comments (my dad does this when he sees overweight women so I know it happens)
    Who cares what your dad thinks?

Dieting and no.exercise is TERRIBLE way to lose weight.

Would you do a dance mat in your house? I did this when I.was a chubby 12 y/o before swimming then jogging

ReputationRep:
    Harsh but fair.

I do think that my depression and anxiety is the reason I worry that everyone will be laughing at me, I just need to get past that and actually do something about this.

I don't really think that last comment was necessary

[SIZE=1RL=http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app]Posted from TSR Mobile[/URL][/SIZE]
    He is right Socky but way too harsh about it. You can't make excuses but you also have to come from a place of compassion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    He is right Socky but way too harsh about it. You can't make excuses but you also have to come from a place of compassion
    I'm so bad at this I just have no willpower to stick to things

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm so bad at this I just have no willpower to stick to things

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm the same atm, you just got to try! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same atm, you just got to try! :hugs:
    I had a weight watchers curry for tea but I still feel hungry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had a weight watchers curry for tea but I still feel hungry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have 'cheat days', every 3 or 4 days.you get a snack! Other than this fruit, yog and nuts! You can do it

ReputationRep:
    Have 'cheat days', every 3 or 4 days.you get a snack! Other than this fruit, yog and nuts! You can do it
    I can't eat nuts, I'm allergic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can't eat nuts, I'm allergic

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yog and fruit then

ReputationRep:
    Idk if this has already posted but you should check out blogilates or Scola Dondo on YouTube - they provide information on losing weigh and exercise routines! And you can do them in the comfort of your own home (I know I used to be a hella insecure exercising ~ even in front of family members)
    Since I started watching their videos and taking their advice etc I've went from weighing 11st 9 to 9st 5 and I'm still losing the weight ☺️ Good luck on your health journey 😸

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.