Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Need to help my girlfriend Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

My girlfriend's mum died about two and a half year ago and she has never recovered from it. I've only been with my girlfriend a year and so never had the chance to meet her mum.

What concerns me is that she talks and texts me like her mum is still alive. I worry about her and I dread to think that it'll get worse over time.

I asked her a few months ago about going to bereavement counselling, which she tried about a year ago, but it didn't work. Do you think it's worth trying again?

I really hope I can help her as I love her to death. I'll assured her I'll be there for her and that I won't be going anywhere.

But how do I help her?

Thanks,

Lee.

There's not really much one can do to help a grieving partner. It's always a difficult situation for both parties; on one hand you feel sorry for her, and on the other you want everything to be normal. I suggest you carry on doing what you have been doing. Telling her you'll be there for her will be very soothing to her. Continue supporting her and that will be as much as you can do to help. Trust me, that will be more than enough. Good luck to the both of you xx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.