Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    If anyone knows a thing about this and could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated. I am looking at getting roughly ABB/AAB/ maybe even BBB in my A-levels if this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustChadwick)
    If anyone knows a thing about this and could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated. I am looking at getting roughly ABB/AAB/ maybe even BBB in my A-levels if this helps.
    Yes, if you think you can get a very high 2.1 or a first and build up your CV with lots of extra-curricular activities and work experience in order to stand out.

Also, this year and last year lots of people got into very good law schools like Manchester, Birmingham and Cardiff with good grades like ABB/AAB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustChadwick)
    Depends what you mean by middle grade, but the fact is that a great many chambers/firms will automatically reject your application with those A-Levels...AAB would be good enough for most.

The poster above is wrong in the sense that what university you go to for law will have a big impact on your opportunities in the profession (I have assumed this is what you are looking to get into). Without a first from a non-RG university you can thoroughly say goodbye to making pupillage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmaugTheTerrible)
    Yes, if you think you can get a very high 2.1 or a first and build up your CV with lots of extra-curricular activities and work experience in order to stand out.

Also, this year and last year lots of people got into very good law schools like Manchester, Birmingham and Cardiff with good grades like ABB/AAB.
    I've actually managed to get some work experience in the field which should make my CV that bit better. I also feel with hard work I can get that high 2.1, thank's very much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    Depends what you mean by middle grade, but the fact is that a great many chambers/firms will automatically reject your application with those A-Levels...AAB would be good enough for most.

The poster above is wrong in the sense that what university you go to for law will have a big impact on your opportunities in the profession (I have assumed this is what you are looking to get into). Without a first from a non-RG university you can thoroughly say goodbye to making pupillage.
    I knew great firms would disregard applications like mine but I guess that's just something I'll have to deal with, and yes you made the right assumption. Thanks

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.