Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I said goodbye to my friends... suprisingly, I'm feeling lonely. Watch

(Original post by SophieSmall)
    Living together is like a test for some relationships, many fail. How your family feels about your girlfriend is irrelevant to your happiness. It really can be as simple as that. Your girlfriend is borderline emotionally abusive.
    Emotionally abusive? What are the traits of someone who is emotionally abusive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Copy pasted an example list:

Psychological abuse can look like:

1. Humiliating or embarrassing you.
    2. Constant put-downs.
    3. Hypercriticism.
    4. Refusing to communicate.
    5. Ignoring or excluding you.
    6. Extramarital affairs.
    7. Provocative behavior with opposite sex.
    8. Use of sarcasm and unpleasant tone of voice.
    9. Unreasonable jealousy.
    10. Extreme moodiness.
    11. Mean jokes or constantly making fun of you.
    12. Saying “I love you but…”
    13. Saying things like “If you don’t _____, I will_____.”
    14. Domination and control.
    15. Withdrawal of affection.
    16. Guilt trips.
    17. Making everything your fault.
    18. Isolating you from friends and family.
    19. Using money to control.
    20. Constant calling or texting when you are not with him/her.
    21. Threatening to commit suicide if you leave.

ReputationRep:
    Makes you feel guilty even when you are not doing anything wrong, manipulates you into doing things their way, isolates you from friend and/or family either forcefully or through manipulation. Ect.

Guys, having read through that list and SophieSmall explaining it, I think she might be a little like that. I love her so much, what's the best way forward?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, having read through that list and SophieSmall explaining it, I think she might be a little like that. I love her so much, what's the best way forward?
    Well being honest to yourself is the first step, so you done good there.
    It might just be that you aren't putting up enough resistance, probably because you don't want to upset her but you have a right to defend yourself and stand for what makes you happy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.