Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I must have a rich boyfriend... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Earning Millions or having a net worth, worth millions?

Most of us will never have that much
    Precisely my friend. That's just excess. 200k a year is more than enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Tbh, sometimes I'd quite fancy being a housewife to a rich man. I've ended up with a binman as a boyfriend though, so we'll just have to make do until I either get a decent paying admin job, or one of us wins the lottery *fingers crossed* :please:
    I'm sorry but I have to ask, how did your parents accept you having a binman as a boyfriend?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your parents are Nigerian right?

ReputationRep:
    Lol but every, women wants a rich boyfriend you're not the only one but I'm a guy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would rather be rich myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)
    I'm sorry but I have to ask, how did your parents accept you having a binman as a boyfriend?

She probably tells them that he has a job and works hard. Therefore making him better than a lot of other people out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessAlexis)
    He is just an analyst though. That's entry level , he probably applied for the new analyst program and with an Msc from Imperial entry level isn't too shocking.

I'm more intrigued that it's NYC. I wonder how he convinced them to sponsor him.....

A Brit getting a job in NYC off the bat without doing an MBA in the US is odd.

Or perhaps he worked in London office then moved.
    I know it's not straight off the bat, but my sister moved to NYC after about 5 years of working in London. No Masters, no PHD, not even Russel group Uni. He must be a very hard worker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)

Yes, my parents are nigerian. My mum's not bothered, my dad is a little bothered by the fact that he lacks ambition, but at the end of the day they're happy that at least he works and treats me well, that's the important thing. They want me to have my own good career anyway so that I don't have to rely on anyone

(Original post by Reue)
    She probably tells them that he has a job and works hard. Therefore making him better than a lot of other people out there.
    Wish I could rep this :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    It really is silly wanting double, but this ain't as bad as the other women who wants to settle down in 30's who want's x5 over:eek:
    I think most men and women will go for people on the same level as them..otherwise it's just for sex

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, my parents are nigerian. My mum's not bothered, my dad is a little bothered by the fact that he lacks ambition, but at the end of the day they're happy that at least he works and treats me well, that's the important thing. They want me to have my own good career anyway so that I don't have to rely on anyone

It's a breath of fresh air to hear of such easy going parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruli)
    It's a breath of fresh air to hear of such easy going parents.
    Well, I'll admit, he's probably not what they pictured as a perfect partner for me (he's also white and Scottish, instead of black and Nigerian), but oh well, what exactly can they do about it? Kick me out the house? They know I'm an adult and it's up to me to make my own decisions and to live my life the way I want, and they're happy for me as long as I'm happy and with a good man :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Its the thought that counts

ReputationRep:

Sigh.

I thought you were trolling about the bin man thing. How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    I know it's not straight off the bat, but my sister moved to NYC after about 5 years of working in London. No Masters, no PHD, not even Russel group Uni. He must be a very hard worker
    Well done to her

How did she handle the legalities of visas and stuff

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'll admit, he's probably not what they pictured as a perfect partner for me (he's also white and Scottish, instead of black and Nigerian), but oh well, what exactly can they do about it? Kick me out the house? They know I'm an adult and it's up to me to make my own decisions and to live my life the way I want, and they're happy for me as long as I'm happy and with a good man :yep:
    Oh sis.........

ReputationRep:
    Sigh.

I'm 23.

Trolling? :confused: Being a binman is a legit job. Where would we all be if there was no one to collect our trash? I can understand some people will be snobbish about it, but meh, you say what you want, it doesn't bother that much tbh. It's that hard to find a decent man in this world, so why be fussy about what job they do as well, when that's hardly important in a relationship above over aspects? Well, to me anyway. He works hard, that's the important thing; I'd much rather him than a lazy job-shy benefit scrounger

ReputationRep:
    I think money does help towards relationships to an extent. I am not talking millions though I mean just enough to be comfortable so to never feel restricted by your finances in respect to the type of lifestyle you want. So say if a couple enjoyed going on a few holidays a year travelling, donating to charity, going out to dinners and theatre shows then it massively helps if they both had the funds to enjoy these things yet not feel limited by the money they earn. This doesn't have to be millions.

Financial hardship is a common reason for divorce and break ups. So I would agree money helps. On the other hand I think earning too much money often comes with having to put in long hours being away from home and being responsible for an organisation and the staff you hire. This in itself can also put strain on the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Well done to her

How did she handle the legalities of visas and stuff
    At the moment she is using a working Visa, and applying for a green card + American passport through a new job, but the process is slow because colleagues can be a nasty piece of kit sometimes.

Her company basically organised the whole thing, since she is well known for her hard work

She has similar goals to you as well regarding a husband, maybe I can give her some of your advice to speed the whole marriage process along :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Sigh.

Lol! 'Please rate other members before rating this member again'

Though I imagine you would be on red gems if we were still using the old rep system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slim and proud)
    Lol! 'Please rate other members before rating this member again'

Though I imagine you would be on red gems if we were still using the old rep system.
    She's a sister a naija girl too.

Sigh

ReputationRep:
    Why do people act so immature and brainless on here? Keep your childish amusements to yourself please

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.