Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I must have a rich boyfriend... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessAlexis)
    She's a sister a naija girl too.

Sigh
    stop posting if youre going to mock or question another persons personal choices. If you were disabled for example couldnt earn a lot would you be experiencing the same positions as you are in now? sound very immature.

ReputationRep:
    For the record, my boyfriend wasn't a binman when we first got together, but I wasn't gonna dump him just for deciding to become one - would seem quite shallow and frivolous to, especially as I was already in love with him. He was originally a painter and decorator, which I guess is slightly more "socially acceptable" (though maybe not so much on TSR), but he gave it up due to lack of work and because he didn't enjoy it. The binman job provides much more security for him, and he enjoys going out and about in it.

Now, I'm not one to judge girls who specifically chase rich banker types because they couldn't be seen dead with a partner that earns less than £50k or whatever; good for you if that makes you happy but that line of thinking just isn't for me. Didn't realise it was "un-naija" of me either, but oh well, I am my own person, I don't always conform to what society wants of me

Not that I need to even justify my choice of partner to anyone, but I like writing so :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    stop posting if youre going to mock or question another persons personal choices. If you were disabled for example couldnt earn a lot would you be experiencing the same positions as you are in now? sound very immature.
    Thanks, but don't worry about it . She can have her opinion, I'm not really offended.

ReputationRep:
    You must nothing in life. The only things that are a must are you must pay taxes and you must die everything else is a want/like .

ReputationRep:
    x
    Out of interest, do you feel like you are using the men more than they are using you? Or do you see it as a mutual thing?

Just ask because I get a feeling from your post, that you're dating 3 or so guys and think that each guy is besotted with you and seeing noone else..

I ask because my brother is one of 'these guys' and to many of them money means nothing, i.e buying you nice things, taking you to nice restaurants doesn't actually mean they like you' Just a release from the monotony of the office sometimes and who wouldn't want to hang out with a beautiful girl?

The way I see it is men's bargaining power and currency in this case is their money, while the women's are their looks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Out of interest, do you feel like you are using the men more than they are using you? Or do you see it as a mutual thing?

Just ask because I get a feeling from your post, that you're dating 3 or so guys and think that each guy is besotted with you and seeing noone else..

I ask because my brother is one of 'these guys' and to many of them money means nothing, i.e buying you nice things, taking you to nice restaurants doesn't actually mean they like you' Just a release from the monotony of the office sometimes and who wouldn't want to hang out with a beautiful girl?

The way I see it is men's bargaining power and currency in this case is their money, while the women's are their looks.
    I never said we are exclusive and I these guys are both dating other people. That's the point of not being exclusive.

I'm also not using them we are simply dating. You know people date :-/

They don't give me money or anything like that. I genuinely date them.

ReputationRep:
    She's a sister a naija girl too.

Sigh
    I empathise with how you feel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)

your paragraph on your brother sounds like a common thing, esp the part about just being a release from the **** of the office environment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Thanks, but don't worry about it . She can have her opinion, I'm not really offended.
    its not just about her having opinions, sometimes a persons ego needs to be deflated otherwise you have a problem of thinking youre better than others. london is a cesspool for arrogant people

ReputationRep:
    You're better off marrying a man you love and not because of his money because if something were to happen to his money, what would you do? Divorce him? I mean, if you find a guy who loves you and you love him and he has lots of money, go ahead. It probably just is not a good idea to marry a man just because of his money. He'll probably be pretty upset if he ever finds out you don't actually love him. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgecake22)
    I think most men and women will go for people on the same level as them..otherwise it's just for sex

Posted from TSR Mobile
    men go for lower standards women go for higher

ReputationRep:
    It's important my children go to private school etc. All the houses I like are in the 700k-1million pound range.
    This is extremely important for me too, I can't emphasise enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slim and proud)
    This is extremely important for me too, I can't emphasise enough.
    Same here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I never said we are exclusive and I these guys are both dating other people. That's the point of not being exclusive.

I'm also not using them we are simply dating. You know people date :-/

They don't give me money or anything like that. I genuinely date them.
    Your life sounds kinda like the movie 'Ten rules for sleeping around'

I genuinely feel sorry that all your life is a failed comedy chick flick.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it does in my opinion, depending on how old you are. I think a lot of people are immature in thinking "money can't buy happiness", "money doesn't make the world go around" and "money isn't important at all" because to be honest, you need it to support yourself and quite frankly, even though in a relationship you probably enjoy the person's company, you will enjoy it if they give you a small present or something. If you're relatively older e.g. in your 20s or you are planning on a serious and long relationship then money should definitely be thought of in terms of: accommodation, food, luxuries etc.

However, I think you should be attracted to someone by their personality first and if it turns out they are rich too, kaboom that's a bonus. If you're older, your partner's wealth should be considered but not to the extent where you need to be breaking up with someone because they earn x amount of money.

(Original post by ubi1)
    men go for lower standards
    You may go for lower class women but I certainly don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    £100k is more than enough to raise two children on as well as support you during your maternity leave in Central London. The likelihood of any one on TSR getting a husband that earns £200k+/pa minimum is slim, you'll need a job too otherwise you won't be able to get all that you want for your children or better yet, start a trust now. I already have a trust set up for my children, I expect I'll have 3 children by the end and I already have enough to put two children through private school as well as pay for their uni although my father has helped greatly in building it up I still contributed 40%.

I think people here need to get some realistic expectations, I also laugh at you thinking you'll be on 6 figures before you're 26, good luck with that one as you'll find it's more likely in your 30s-40s not 20s.
    My cousin is on 6 figures at 29.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    You may go for lower class women but I certainly don't.
    its hard for men to marry up and easy for women to marry uo:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadoo)
    Your life sounds kinda like the movie 'Ten rules for sleeping around'

I genuinely feel sorry that all your life is a failed comedy chick flick.
    Can you tell me the difference between a 19 year old casually dating a random guy from the freshers bar and a 19 year old casually dating an associate from GS?

For some reason the fact that these guys earn more money seems to make people think there is a seedy element to it.

They are just men :-/

Normal every day guys who went to top 5 unis applies for internships and got roles in FO.

Even here on TSR we have an IB forum, in 15 years time the same people in that IB forum will become the people we are speaking about.

They're not aliens or rare :-/

I can date a guy from the LSE SU same way I can date a guy from GS. Men are men.

ReputationRep:
    Can you tell me the difference between a 19 year old casually dating a random guy from the freshers bar and a 19 year old casually dating an associate from GS?

For some reason the fact that these girls earn more money seems to make people think there is a seedy element to it.

They are just men :-/

Normal every day guys who went to top 5 unis applies for internships and got roles in FO.

Even here on TSR we have an IB forum, in 15 years time the same people in that IB forum will become the people we are speaking about.

They're not aliens or rare :-/

I can date a guy from the LSE SU same way I can date a guy from GS. Men are men.

Which is why I made the link between the way you describe your life and that movie.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.