Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to apply for student finance next year as I will be starting University in September. I receive Esa and Dla high rate, i would like to know if I will still be in receipt of these benefits when i star university full time in september.

Aditional info: i'm 22 and I live with my carers who are my parents and brothers.

ReputationRep:
    your DLA / PIP will be unaffected from the point of view of your employment status as it is independent of whether you are working / on ESA /JSA or a student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    your DLA / PIP will be unaffected from the point of view of your employment status as it is independent of whether you are working / on ESA /JSA or a student
    What about my Esa?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nininho20)
    What about my Esa?
    You wont get esa at uni as student finance counts as an income and as a student you re not able to look for work.

You d probably get full student finance in your circumstances anyway which is at least 6k a year to live off
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    disabled student allowances would probably pay for any help or support which you would need, depending on your disability
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    You wont get esa at uni as student finance counts as an income and as a student you re not able to look for work.

You d probably get full student finance in your circumstances anyway which is at least 6k a year to live off
    Incorrect. Students on DLA are entitled to ESA. But their student loan counts as income, some of it anyway.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.