Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    You now remember Santino Marella.
    Man I remember Vladmir Kozlov they built him up so well on Smackdown and then they didn't use him well in the future and ended up firing him X.x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SZ99)
    Man I remember Vladmir Kozlov they built him up so well on Smackdown and then they didn't use him well in the future and ended up firing him X.x
    Yeah he beat Undertaker clean.

Kevin Owens could be the next Kozlov. He'll be given a farting gimmick and be a comedy face, then get fired for being a comedy face with a farting gimmick.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Check out the Heyman interview on watchwrestling.ch.

Great watch.

ReputationRep:
    Had exams so only watched Elimination Chamber tonight. Loved it tbh. Elimination chamber matches were decent, Mark Henry was a bit underwhelming, I hoped for bubba ray to replace rusev or someone similar. Cena/Owens was fantastic, I actually loved the whole Ambrose/Rollins angle - completely caught me off guard with the Ambrose win. Rybacks win was great. Tag team elimination chamber suffered because only 3 of the teams have been built up properly. No one cares for los matadores, the ascension or ptp yet.

Hear bad things about the corpus christi crowd but they were pretty good except for the tag team match.

Now for Raw and the Heyman podcast!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This week's SmackDown results!

Spoiler:
    Show

- Seth Rollins delivered a promo to kick off the show. Dean Ambrose interrupted and discussed the duo's upcoming match at MITB.
    - The Prime Time Players def. The Ascension and Lucha Dragons in a Tag-Team Triple Threat match.
    - The New Day were backstage when Kane interrupted. He announced Neville vs. Kofi Kingston for the night and informed them that the Prime Time Players are the new No. 1 contenders.
    - Ryback def. Stardust.
    - Renee Young interviewed Paige.
    - Eric Rowan and Luke Harper cut a promo about being family.
    - Kevin Owens cut a promo before issuing an open challenge for the NXT Championship. Owens def. Zack Ryder, then attacked him.
    - Neville def. Kofi Kingston.
    - Lana was a guest on Miz TV but was interrupted by Rusev, who begged her to come back to him. Dolph Ziggler came to Lana's aid and left with her.
    - Roman Reigns def. Sheamus via DQ when Kane interfered. Kane delivered a big boot to Reigns and chokeslam to Sheamus before announcing himself as part of the MITB match. Rollins and The Authority beat down Reigns until Ambrose made the save.

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think of how money in the bank is shaping up?

Card (possible spoilers):
    WWE World Heavyweight Title Ladder Match:
    Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose
    Can't wait for this one provided there aren't too many interferences. Not sure who'll win but I'd go for Rollins. They need more surprise finishes like Ambroses "win" on sunday. Makes everything seem less predictable for me.

Money in the Bank Match:
    Dolph Ziggler vs Neville vs.Roman Reigns vs Randy Orton vs. Kofi Kingston vs Sheamus vs Kane vs. TBA
    Anyone else think this match is a bit random in terms of participants. Always a great match but wish there'd have been a beat the clock challenge on raw so at least some of them seemed like they earn't it. I'm a fan of Reigns but really hope someone else wins purely because a Reigns win is too predictable. Ruined the royal rumble for me as everyone knew who was going to win so really hope they do something different. Would be cool to see Brock Lesnar win it.

WWE Tag Team Championship Match:
    The New Day vs. The Prime Time Players
    Not a fan of PTP really. Am bored by their in ring work but hopefully the match will be decent. Would have rather the New Day continued their feud with Cesaro & Kidd or the Lucha Dragons. A table match would increase my interest or make it an elimination match or something.

John Cena vs Kevin Owens
    Can't wait.

Rumoured matches include:

IC Title
    Ryback vs The Big Show
    I found it a bit odd that the Big Show did nothing with the Authority on Raw. Feud could be good hopefully. I'd have chosen a different opponent for his first feud as champion but both are very physical so hopefully it will make for a good match.

Divas Title
    Nikki vs Paige
    Meh. Storyline over last year has just been confusing. Bellas keep switching heel/face for no reason. Why did Brie forgive Nikki for costing her the match against Stephanie. They reunited like nothing had happened. Whole division needs a reboot.

ReputationRep:
    Brock Lesnar wins the money in the bank by F5ing the ladder and just doing a vertical jump to grab the briefcase.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The issue with the MITB participants is that it makes no sense for Ziggler and Sheamus to be there, given the fact they both failed in securing the IC title in the chamber.

Apart from that, it's shaping up to be a great card. Reigns is obviously the man to win the briefcase, but Neville will have some awesome spots I'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    Brock Lesnar wins the money in the bank by F5ing the ladder and just doing a vertical jump to grab the briefcase.
    Brock Lesnar wins the money in the bank by F5ing the whole stadium and picking the briefcase up from the rubble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    The issue with the MITB participants is that it makes no sense for Ziggler and Sheamus to be there, given the fact they both failed in securing the IC title in the chamber.

Apart from that, it's shaping up to be a great card. Reigns is obviously the man to win the briefcase, but Neville will have some awesome spots I'm sure.
    What do you think of the IC title match?

What do you think this years big summer angle will be?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excuse Me!)
    What do you think of the IC title match?

What do you think this years big summer angle will be?
    A Reigns and Ambrose and Rollins feud, or Reigns turning on Ambrose and the pair of them feuding, thus leaving Rollins open for Lesnar.

ReputationRep:
    A Reigns and Ambrose and Rollins feud, or Reigns turning on Ambrose and the pair of them feuding, thus leaving Rollins open for Lesnar.
    Shield reunion at Slam to triple-powerbomb Lesnar would be cool
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    Shield reunion at Slam to triple-powerbomb Lesnar would be cool
    I'd prefer Ambrose winning the belt from Rollins, only for Reigns to turn heel and cash in the MITB contract he wins and claim the championship for his own. Huge.

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer Ambrose winning the belt from Rollins, only for Reigns to turn heel and cash in the MITB contract he wins and claim the championship for his own. Huge.
    Yeah was thinking that would be great. Don't think it'll happen as they usually like the MITB contract storyline over the year (unless I'm mistaken and its happened in the past!).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    Yeah was thinking that would be great. Don't think it'll happen as they usually like the MITB contract storyline over the year (unless I'm mistaken and its happened in the past!).
    Kane cashed it in on the same night once, but you're right, they prefer slow-builds.

ReputationRep:
    Kane cashed it in on the same night once, but you're right, they prefer slow-builds.
    Orton and Cena cashed in pretty quick as well.

It would be the perfect time to cash in at MITB kayafabe as whoever is champion will have just gone through a gruelling ladder match. I like the Reigns / Ambrose bromance though. Rollins and HHH vs Ambrose / Reigns is a match I'd like to see first

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    MITB always works better with a heel, though. I can see monster money for Reigns as a heel before he turns face. Similar to Batista, really.

ReputationRep:
    The right way to go with it is to have Brock just gatecrash the match and lay a bunch of people out, F5 Reigns off the ladder as he's about to win and steal the briefcase for himself. He doesn't have to be in the match, I'd just have him show up and take it. Nobody's ever done that before and it's the perfect way to get him back on TV and put the authority in a position where they can't possibly prevent him getting his rematch against Seth.

On another note, the biggest wrestling show in the UK since Summerslam 1992 takes place on July 11th in Preston and it's free to attend! PCW are promoting an outdoor special as part of the city's armed forces day festival. The Dudley Boys, Velvet Sky, Chris Masters, Mr Anderson and Rockstar Spud are all announced. Beeeeeeee there!

ReputationRep:
    WWE for me is the best its been in a long time.

MITB is always an awesome show.

July 4th WWE Network Special is gonna be phenomenal. Hope Lesnar has a competitive match. Kofi Kingston doesn't do it for me. As much as I love him in the New Day, he's not at Lesnars level currently. Also hope they change the Cena tag match to a fatal 4 way for US championship.

ReputationRep:
    Been laughing at that way to much since you posted it :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2017
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.